Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

P0715 And P0731

Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in July, I drove to Binghamton to buy some stuff from TibbyChick. It was a 530km drive. When I got there, I heard really heavy clutch chatter. I had also noticed that almost every gear was causing clutch slippage (really high revs, little acceleration). I thought I wasn't going to make it back, but I did. After that day, I no longer heard clutch chatter, but the clutch slip is still sometimes present when I floor it (like on an on-ramp getting on the highway). I just thought it was clutch slippage and thought that I'd deal with it when I replaced my clutch. However, today I got both the following codes:

P0715 Turbine shaft speed (TSS) sensor �“ circuit malfunction Wiring, TSS sensor, ECM/TCM

P0731 Gear 1 �“ incorrect ratio Wiring, TR sensor/switch, shift solenoid, transmission mechanical fault

I searched, but there were no posts (only a couple, but they were irrelevant). A google search suggested to replace the input and output speed sensors, and do a tranny flush. Could the clutch slippage I've been feeling have anything to do with these codes? Any thoughts??
Old 09-29-2009, 08:21 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Those codes sound like auto tranny codes (manual tranny only has the speed sensor), but you have a manual.. that is strange
Old 09-29-2009, 08:26 PM

I was going to make that remark exactly, on my original post because I thought that the P0715 was A/T related, but then I thought, "it can't be A/T only 'cause I'm getting it, and I've got a M/T". That is weird!!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

My quick hunch is a failing computer maybe
Old 09-30-2009, 09:13 AM

Ok, so I decided to clear the codes, this morning, and re-scan. the P0715 and P0731 have cleared and now it scanned a P0136 (Oxygen sensor), which sounds more reasonable. (o2 sensor, broken wires, exhaust leak, ...). I'm hoping my ecu isn't going, but we'll see smile.gif WEIRD! Thanks, guys!!