Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

rusted exhaust

Old 10-02-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default rusted exhaust

after 3 years, my exhaust is rusted to hell, leaking and crumbling. just a reminder to always go with stainless steel and undercoat everything. so i bought a stainless resonator with stainless flanges and will undercoat spray all the welds.

and when you are doing an custom exhaust, be sure to get flanges welded to the cat instead of the pipe so if it needs replacing you can just unscrew it.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:30 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

or you can live in the southwest where the only water you'll ever see is in swimming pools. Exhausts aren't cheap, sorry to hear about that man.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:02 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

exhausts are cheap for me unsure.gif unsure.gif
Old 10-02-2009, 07:14 PM

yeah i drive to florida every break! it's nice, cars stay clean all the time, no dirt or rust or nothing. it's quite the opposite the more north you go.

it's falling to bits. i had my downpipe powdercoated and nothing! definitely going to be expensive. but this time is going to be the last time.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Did you ever get that Remus muffler?

OT

Btw, what part of Florida do you visit?
Old 10-03-2009, 04:15 AM

i didn't get that remus muffler YET! i've got to take care of these issues, and then later go to this aftermarket shop to get my ECU CEL squared away and will cost $$. then i need a CF hood. then i will buy the Remus from ebay.

i just shelled out $230 on GK eibachs, another $200 on new cat and stainless glasspack. the welding will be another $250. almost $700 on some bullsh*t right there.

spent my youth in Miami Beach and miss it frequently, but now I go to Sarasota. It's really nice towards the south because the people there are professionals on vacation. walking distance to the beach so it's always a nice getaway, more peace and less work than Miami.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:06 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

holey sh*t 250 for welding!!?!?!?!?!

i can get a entire exhaust built for that much INCLUDING materials
Old 10-03-2009, 02:23 PM

i know right?! i got in a fit with this shop. they wanted $150 to connect 1 pipe so i told them i had other sources. it's f up here. but it will be $250 for welding all the flanges together and cutting the pipe. the regular charge is $85 per hour so maybe it'll come out to $200 with my discount.

that's how the prices are here. mwood had his exhaust done somewhere far out in Virginia. they did a great job with his apexi replica.

i would probably be better going north to midas up north.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Oct 3 2009, 06:15 AM)
i didn't get that remus muffler YET! i've got to take care of these issues, and then later go to this aftermarket shop to get my ECU CEL squared away and will cost $$. then i need a CF hood. then i will buy the Remus from ebay.

i just shelled out $230 on GK eibachs, another $200 on new cat and stainless glasspack. the welding will be another $250. almost $700 on some bullsh*t right there.

spent my youth in Miami Beach and miss it frequently, but now I go to Sarasota. It's really nice towards the south because the people there are professionals on vacation. walking distance to the beach so it's always a nice getaway, more peace and less work than Miami.

Jesus man $250 is a crazy amount. You can probably get it done in Miami for like $20 lol.

That's cool man I grew up in Miami and now live over in Tampa.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:57 PM

^i saw this video of the palm trees swaying and the parakeets swarming around. it reminded me of how much i actually miss it. a place like that becomes a part of you. it was a big part of my life. Collins Ave. is all about clubbing. it's a bit too crazy for me but all the world class DJ's come there!

my stainless flanges just came in today. can't beat 2 for $20 on ebay. top quality. i have another short resonator that i wish could be put in but there's no sense in cutting up perfectly good mandrel bent SS pipe in the rear sad.gif the resonators on supercars take up almost the whole back of the exhaust all the way up to the very end of the tip. now that would be nice.