Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

OK Tasos, I'm calling you and your 190HP out...

Old 11-24-2001, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Suprgtr's_man:
14.3 dial in on his windshield.

What exactly IS a dial-in? NOS?

[ November 24, 2001: Message edited by: Iago ]
Old 11-24-2001, 06:42 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Tiburon GT

lago, I think it is ET for 1/4 mile.
Old 11-25-2001, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RED: Man, you know everything. Maybe you sholud quite your job and go to work with MSD, or ever better PRO-DRIVE. They could use a genius like you to solve their problems. You are wasted with your current job. You tried to make a fool out of me behind my back by talking **** around FXTREME to which I don't regularly log on. So, you guys can see whose attitude was wrong or not.

RED: You even dared to doubt the excistence of the engine I bought by car with! You said Hyundai didn't produce such an engine! Well...you proved once again sooooo wrong!

The problem with you is that you have a bunch of knowledge, but NOT ENOUGH to realise your ignorance. And that's the worst think man!

You even doubt the existence of Hyundai's COUPE F2 KIT car that went around WRC rally and produced 265WHP N/A....

You will get your answer about that as well...Me or Turboman will post scans from the rally magazine that Hyundai and British MSD give the following specs...

capacity : 1995 c.cm
Max WHP : 265/7700rpms!! (Too high for you RED??)

And RED, incase you don't know it F2 = 2000cc N/A cars....thats ok with you?

Keep in mind that the my only part in this project is the money I give. My mechanic has full responsibility for his work and his mods, and believe it or not he will not tell me everything! Thats the story. He has been preparing cars for many years for the Rally Acropolis. Has everyone seen the victory of the Accent at 1.5L at this WRC???? Hyundai advertized Vomvylas and his team as well as other persons who get to earn our brand some respect.

I promised I was going to give out everything I can find about my car, but until then there is no reason flaming me...

Now I believe you ARE convinced about the 1.6L BETA which you doubted the existance of at the first place.

This engine is used on many Accents kit-cars with the 1.3L gearbox! Many mods are done to this engine, but no one of the competetants will give out any piece of information about them.

Just ask your-selves. Does anyone of you know exactly what MSD does with the F2 version of the Tiburon? We all have a hint, but there is no way they are going to give out their full details and work, since they have SPENT HUGE SUMS of MONEY to find them out.

I paid a very big amount about my car. Next appointement is for reinforcing the "floor" as we call it in my country. I think you call it chasis.

And I go once again. My car is being prepared for tarmac rallyes, by experts in this job in my country. The horsepower is real, but we are still facing problems with the stock ECU. Maybe I have to upgrade to a haltec, or to Lancia's managment P5...(thats what they call it,don't ask me why, I don't have a clue).

RED: I know it is you who are calling me out, and believe it or not, I am not mad at you beeing so rude. Its just your ignorence. I told you before that much work has been done to the motor I bought. It was dismantled and stayed at flowbenches and machineries shop for a lot of time while my car was running with the 1.6L BETA I bought it with. My knowledge about cars is not as big as yours.No doubt about that. I never claimed that either.
BUT MY MECHANICS experience which he has been preparing rally cars for 30 years is CERTAINLY MUCH-MUCH greater than yours. And when it comes to believe someone this is him and not you. My only part in this project is the ****ing money I provide. That's all about this subject I can say.

My whole effort was to give people some info, the more I could actually, because I would like to help our community. If you guys think this whole project is bull****, there is nothing I can do to prove otherwise.

You will doubt the dynos, and the sliptimes I will get and everything. Some of you went already so paranoid that doubted the existance of the engine I bought my car with.

I want to thank all of the guys that provided info about the ghost-engine some of us have.

MARIO : Thanx man for your support.

SuperGTR's man : I have been watching the same thing going around at the old days of THC. Different story, same attidutes. Man those days I had an Accent and I was planning to change the engine with the 1.6L BETA and then turbocharge it. After more mature thinking I bought my Coupe. Thanx man for the advice and support.

Dynos, timing and some brochures scans will be posted. Probably by Turboman, cause I don't have Internet access all the time.

The problem guys, is not who does the answering of the question, but to get the answers you want. So its unfair calling Turboman to shut up and let me deal with my "problems". Thats quite immature. My mechanic is a Turboman's friend and Turboman can get more info for my car than me. Believe it or not. I only do the hard job of paying the money. I didn't even touch a screw of that motor.

Thats for now. Thanx in advance.
Old 11-25-2001, 08:36 AM

i dont doubt you tasos. very nice response to all of this. although i would like to see a dyno sheet. i would like to see turbomans especially. something sounds fishy about not wanting to post it. i understand if you dont have one at all because they cost a lot, but since you already have it why not post it?
once everyone sees the dynos they should leave it alone becasue they have proved themselves. thats how i see it.
Old 11-25-2001, 12:04 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Tiburon GT

erikgsi, Turboman's dyno sheet has already been posted. Click here
Old 11-25-2001, 03:44 PM

wow very nice ill shut up now.
Old 11-25-2001, 04:44 PM

well, I had to register myself on this forum since obviously this is where the action is on this topic.

Basically, Red has been VERY wrong about MANY things in the past so there is no reason to doubt the possibility of him being wrong here as I beleive he is.

This attitude of "If Red hasn't done it its not worth doing" is just plain DUMB. Ultimately Red has self admittedly done SFA in serious NA mods to his car which has never seen a dyno so we dont even know how much his car puts out.

Red, you should know much much better than to try and blind people with technical terms coz someone will come along and see them for the gibberish that they are. While you have some good points alot of what you say is based on pure conjecture. For example:

1. The valve-seats can go anywhere that is practical to other engine parameters which includes radical shaving of the head. The seats are just machined deeper into the head.
2. The F2 kit cars that were sold to rally teams for the F2 class of vehicle in the WRC all had NA engines pushing over 250Hp with all the class limitations!
3. HLAs dont "explode" at hi rpm - where'd that BS come from? They simply become "under-pumped" and dont depress the valves fully.
4. No-one makes "incredibly intricate pistons" for the Beta - that's just wishful thinking of what Endyn will never create...
5. Ive never heard of anyone using a custom crank in a Beta please tell us who has this mod...
6. Crankshaft lightening is common practice in a hell of alot of NA performance motors. Heck the RPW drag car has basically all of its counterweights ground off the stock crank and it still manages to put 200Hp to the wheels and pull 12s 1/4s without breaking.
7. Hyundai do an ATROCIOUS job at balancing their cranks if in fact they do any at all. It seems all Hyundai does is do a static balance on the flywheel for the whole rotating assembly and that's it! Correct balancing involves matching piston & rod weights, harmonic crank balancing followed by a static balance of the complete rotating assembly.

Just a few bits of info to stir things a little...

BTW - Mario, who is building that 250HP motor in Australia for you? RPW Ill bet.

Anyway here you go, I think the doubters can now STFU!
Old 11-25-2001, 04:58 PM

For those who dare to doubt that a n/a 2liter Hyundai can or cannot hit more than 190whp go here. For those who say that the F2 Hyundai rally kit car is not 265bhp go here. For those that say the hyundai 2 liter engine cannot rev high go here. For those that think 300bhp on a Hyundai 2 liter engine go here. By the way I did not make this site up during the weekend.
http://www.rpw.com.au/KeyF2Coupe.html

Now that we know if the engine is capable or not of 190whp we can stop discussing about it.

THE BIG MISTERY IS SOLVED, HYUNDAI ENGINES CAN REV HIGH AND PUT OUT A LOT OF POWER!!!!!!!!!

Lastly I have to apologize, I made a mistake in the squareness of the engine in one of my posts, sorry!!
Old 11-25-2001, 05:22 PM

very interesting reading!!! I will have to prod Dave at RPW a bit for some more details on this. Like, how the hell do they convert the motor to oversquare from undersquare...? I think if anyone can do it RPW can as they are the stroker kings when it comes to 4 cylinders...

I had to fight tooth & nail to stop them from playing with the internal dimensions of my 1.6L. hehe - bloody perfectionists!
Old 11-25-2001, 05:22 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

I still think it's fishy about the n/a.

Turboman: glad to see your were honest the whole time. I will now pray that I can get your Turbo setup!