Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Oil Pressure Gauge HELP :)

Old 12-09-2004, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default Re: GK/SRT-4 Dyno Meet in Worcester, MA (Dec 18)

Well I'm helping my buddy install his oil pressure guage in his tib but Im not much help since the shop installed mine.

This all he has... Need help in tapping the engine and connecting this up basicly a DIY...he has a 1.8. Pics if possible smile.gif
Old 12-09-2004, 08:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: GK/SRT-4 Dyno Meet in Worcester, MA (Dec 18)

please only post DIYs in the DIY forum, not requests or needed instruction. thats what all the other forums are for. wink.gif im going to go aead and make a note of it.

ok, to the oil pressure gauge. you have a mechanical gauge. big PITA. you will have to have warm oil running through that tube into your cabin, which creates a good chance of leaks. i would just get an electrical one, those mechanical ones are mainly used on the cowls of like big muscle cars.

if you still want to follow through with this, heres what you have to do. take out the old oil pressure switch (oil will come out, so be careful)

using the fittings, get one end of the tube in the location for the oil pressure switch. run it through the firewall and to the gauge and secure it there. do not overtighten it. heres a little diagram:

its ok to take out the stock oil pressure switch, as it has nothing to do with the ecu. you will have ot take out the light for it in the cluster though. that light is the only purpose of the switch though.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default Re: RDTiburon Decals!

where is the oil pressure switch
Old 12-09-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Oil Pressure Gauge HELP :)

C11 in the first picture
Old 12-10-2004, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Gauges, How many?

I see it is already opened.. but I do recommend taking the mechanical gage back and getting an electrical. Not only is there a chance of leaks with the oil coming into the cabin (you really want 200degree oil spraying at you?) but they are not as accurate as a good electrical gage. They are MUCH slower to react if oil pressure drops.

Can tell you a story... on my old type 4 powered beetle.. I blew an oil line from the engine to the remote oil cooler I had stashed in the nose of the car. I saw the oil spraying out first before the mechanical gage registered it.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:44 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: the official RD REDZ ROAST!!!!!!!!

Really?? I thought that the electical one would be slower cause the mechanical part has to send the signal first then the electrical sid eof things would catch up.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Re: IM BACK! =P 12" woolfer help

electricity can travel much faster than oil through a 5 foot long tube. wink.gif

the sensor is pretty much the same. its just the location. in an electrical auge, the sensor is right where the switch was. the signal is then sent inside. in a mechanical, the sensor is iin the gauge, which is in your car. oil needs to run all the way into your car before a measurement can be made.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Adults only Forum?

Shitty. Guess I'll be returning my Oil Pressure Gauge from the GB somewhere.