Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Now I cant decide for what buy!!! help!

Old 02-13-2005, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now I cant decide for what buy!!! help!

This is the thing.... I just asked what pulley is the best one... and that now I know....

But Now I was thinking about the cam... I did a little research and I found that the cam that everybody recommend is the 1.8L and not the XD/GT cam... I know that whatever these two Kspec can sell it....

In the search that I did, I read that the XD or GT ( i dont know if it is the same one ) has a wider lobbes.... but as the same time REDZ said that this cam is to hard for our engines.... that this cam wear down the engine faster than the 1.8 L...but I dont know in what terms this cam is better and why the other cam is too hard.... Maybe I confused... but if it has wider lobbes I´d think that it will give more power... EVERYONE recommend the 1.8L even this not gives as much power as the XD....

I HOPE NOT CONFUSED YOU GUYS!!....

Now... can anyone can tell me if the crank pulley would give me more power than the 1.8L?? and if so, how much power would give me this 1.8L cam... I saw that somebody said that the 1.8L cam would give as much as 4 WHP in high rpms.... so if this is true, isn´t a small gain???

1. Crank pulley?
2. 1.8L cam??

both from Kspec.... which one woud be better?

Maybe this kind of topic is a lot of common and maybe, just maybe there are many topics where are already disccussed, but just a few people know about this very well, and a few people has experience with these two kind of mods.....

and for last... what mod would be better for my car.... I have SAFC, 2.5" exhaust, Supersprint Mofller, short ram intake.

have in mind that I´d like to know if whatever of these mods are for TURBO or N/A..

THANKS!!
Old 02-13-2005, 11:38 AM

1) go with the 1.8 cam

2) gains from the 1.8 cam and crank pully are similar..but I would go with the cam.

3) get rid of the short ram intake and get an AEM intake but if you're gonna go trubo..keep the short ram....the mods you listed will work with either a turbo or N/A setup
Old 02-13-2005, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

http://www.rdtiburon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5508

I have SAFC, 2.5" exhaust, Supersprint Mofller, short ram intake.

Thought you were already running a turbo...
Old 02-13-2005, 02:47 PM

yes I was turbo... but remember that weird noise!...? well I had to take off and send to a recheck............ so now I just waiting to reinstall it.... but for now I am thinking about install something else... and I dont know which one!..

so...........

thas why I ask for turbo and n/a opinions!:
Old 02-13-2005, 02:56 PM

if you are already running a decent exhaust and intake.. you will probably get better results from the cam. It's deeper breathing like a smoother and higher flowing intake and exhaust.

I happened to install both the cam and the pulley at the same time.. there was a noticible difference with both installed
Old 02-13-2005, 03:13 PM

I wouldn't get the 1.8L cam if your going to run a turbo for a little less of a risk during operation...
Old 02-13-2005, 03:17 PM

the problem with running cams and boost... overlap. If you get any, some of the boost you are throwing into the cylinder will go right out the exhaust port and be wasted. I am unsure about the 1.8 intake cam... overlap generally destroys your emissions as well.. all that unburned full really raises them.. so I doubt the 1.8 intake is going to cause too much in the way of lost boost.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:20 PM

-Edit-

Alright on the 1.8 there is a 4 degree overlap, but on the stock 2.0 there is a 2 degree overlap also. On the XD in a 2.0 there will be a 1 degree overlap.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:22 PM

not that I can see.. and it looks like the beta2 could benefit from one of our exhaust cams.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:23 PM

Yeah, I doubt it would make too much of a difference. Probably really isn't worth buying though since he is running a T25 at 5psi I think... such a little turbo you would want to keep as much as you can... Eclipses stock run 12psi on those things lol.