Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

No 1st Gear!

Old 09-28-2007, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 hundai tiburon se

Ok i just put a moter and traney in my 1998 tiburon.about a month after the install ,i started noticing that to put in to first gear it took some force to shove it in...now it will sometimes go into 1st if i shove over and up real heard and fast,and now second is startin to do the same,sometimes,I have a shark racing short shifter,and i can reach in the engine and go through all gears by hand,but for some reason i cant get it to go into 1st using the shifter.Does anyone have any ideas,is it the cabol for the gear select,does it need adj,any help would be greatfull
Old 09-28-2007, 05:03 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Did you end up with some leftover bushings? My car was doing that right after my clutch replacement. It turned out I did not replace the bushings on either side of the return springs. Once I replaced them, it worked just fine! It's easy to forget them, Once you remove the cables from the manual transmission, the bushings just fall off when you're not paying attention.