Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Next Move In The Hp Game

Old 10-04-2006, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Well hello hello, I am indeed back again in search for answers to my madness. My madness being my crave for some more powerin my bee without that nice rear side pocket burn. I know Im cheap but I am allowed, Im still in highschool. Anyways now Im sitting pretty with intake,header, exhaust,plugs. My next thought were cam and ecu ( 1.8 jobbies) good mover er no? People were mentioning you dont really notice these mods unless your "tuned". Now is this bs or is their a way to tune our stock engines? Ive done the free mods and like were Im at for the moment but Its a long winter full of bordom and Mods are my christmas list. No pun intended..lol...im so tired. So the question is were to go next? Im saving so a decnt suspension setup with upgraded rotors and new pads, so stopping wont be a problem. Keep in mind this is my daily driver. Any ideas?

thanx beforehand
Colin
Old 10-04-2006, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

ok... 1.8 cam can be tuned to BUT when you swap the ecu that went with the cam wouldn't you expect it to work together in a way? I'm trying to put this in laymans terms. If you were going to tune, the 1.8 ecu would be pointless. Also for HP and a daily driver... go SC, N/A will get VERY expensive and get you almost no where.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:54 PM

u can gain a full sec over stock times with basic bolt on's and being n/a. so its not pointless. just if your a dreamer, and want to run with current factory boosted cars, your insane to even think u have a chance without the help of boost of some kind....
Old 10-05-2006, 01:50 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Thats for the ideas. I didnt mean cam and ecu tuning I ment engine tuning in general. I do have boost in mind but my engine is around 250 000 k so Im looking fer a swap. Just want some juice for the moment. Or is it even worth it?