Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

new idea

Old 07-02-2001, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new idea

i was doing a little reading on nitrus and i found out that it is not flamable. that the molecules seperate when they are heated and the oxegen give your engine power.

What would happen if you hooked up and oxegen tank to your car instead of nitrus does any one know.

what kind of hp gains would you get from a 50 shot of nitrus
www.geocites.com/projectgs/
----check it-------
Old 07-02-2001, 05:23 PM

yeah nitrous is a catalyst

as far as oxygen goes if i am not mistaken oxygen is highly flammable and explosive. not to mention that pure oxygen gets you high.
all in all oxygen instead of nitrous sounds like a darwin award winner to me.
Old 07-02-2001, 06:30 PM

i would think that pure oxygen would be too much of a boost and blow your engine, and also be too dangerous to carry around.
Old 07-02-2001, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

We did discuss this some time ago on the old Fxtreme.

#1. Pure o2 is DAMN Flamable. You would have to put one of those hazardous materals diamonds on your car to notify everyone that you were hauling pure o2

#2. Pure o2 is highly corossive. All metals execpt gold oxidize. Meaning, they "Rust" or break down in the presence of Oxygen. Adding pure oxygen would accelerate the process greatly. Rust is Iron Oxide, Aluminum Turns into Aluminum Oxide...etc..etc.. It would litteraly eat your engine in no time.

#3. Pure o2 is So powerful, you would only have to 'squirt' a tiny, tiny ammount to equal or surpass Nitrous. Nitrous is 2 Nitrogen and 1 oxygen. In your combustion chamber's heat and pressure, it breaks down into it's component parts before combustion. If you were to add in just pure oxygen, you would have horrible detnotation problems. It would be smilar to trying to run your car on Nitro-methane.

#4. Because of all of the above, the metering or "dosage" of o2 would have to be controled VERY precisly. If you added to much to soon, you would have pre-detonation, and blow your motor, add too much too late, you would backfire out the intake manifold, add just plain too much and you would blow the engine. There really isn't a good system for adding Gas in those exact ammounts.

Even in drag racing they don't add in pure oxygen. It's simply too dangerous for the benefits. Nitrous is just so much more stable and more predictable.
Old 07-03-2001, 04:05 AM

thanks for the info random
do you know what temp h2o seperates at. how about hydrogenperoxyide HO i think. if that had a low temp when it sepperated, like nitrus, couldn't you use it a fuel additive?
www.geocites.com/projectgs/
Old 07-03-2001, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

From the way I understand things, When you add water in (H20) it doesn't seperate into 2 Hydrogen and 1 oxygen. It actually seperates into various differnt oxides, and Hydrogen compounds. So you don't gain "power" from adding H20...just the benefit of cooling the intake charge and the residual water vapor itself acting as a anti-detonation aid.

I'm not sure about what temp hydrogenperoxide (HO), but I do know in it's PURE forum as a liquid, it is an acid....so you wouldn't want to spray that!
Old 07-03-2001, 06:02 AM

water also won't compress so when you add it your engine, it will cease. also when its cold outside it will freeze and your car won't even run
Old 07-03-2001, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by SirTooli:
water also won't compress so when you add it your engine, it will cease. also when its cold outside it will freeze and your car won't even run

The tiny ammount of water that we are talking about injecting here will no harm compression. Also..you would only add the water when you wanted to Cool the intake air charge. Needless to say, you wouldn't need to cool the intake air charge if it was below 32 F or 0 C.
Old 07-03-2001, 12:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib

i think i was asleep when they taught that in chemestry smile.gif
Old 07-03-2001, 05:11 PM

thanks for humering my crapy little ideas
can some one explain to me how a turbo charger works? thanks