Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Is My 2nd Gear Coming Out?

Old 08-15-2006, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at a stop light and pulled off at the light kind of quick, but nothing crazy, and when I shifted to 2nd it felt like I had missed the gear but the rpm stayed high with no power, I shifted into 3rd and it felt like there was a pause then it came into gear, Then i was driving down the road and started up a hill and went into 2nd and it felt the same way high rpms but no power, whats wrong?

The car is supposed to have a new tranny and clutch. Could it be my fluid is low or something like that? Or its that I cant drive? please tell me its that... 02.gif

MOD EDIT - spelling fixed, fixed the excessive use of the ellipsis (...blah...blah) (Much easier to read now)
Old 08-15-2006, 09:02 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok now clarify the problem.

By no power do you mean that while holding the throttle down the engine barely accelerates the engine in the upper RPMs? or are you saying your clutch is slipping, which would be you put it in gear and give it gas and the engine accelerates without accelerating the car?
Old 08-15-2006, 10:28 PM

The 2nd one,but it only happens in 2nd gear and I drove it all around town today, and got on it once or twice to see if it was only doing it when I was accelerating quickly,but nothing. I thought if your cluth is slipping it would do it in every gear, and I hear 2nd gear is weird on our cars, whats up with that? I have lost a few races at the track because of the little problem, pull off fine but when I hit 2nd I hit about 6K rpms with no response for a second then shift to 3rd and bark, I dunno, maybe some new gear oil? This thing is supposed to have a new clutch and tranny, but it sounds like I got F***ed!

Oh yeah and thanks for the edit...
Old 08-15-2006, 10:35 PM

OK, most likely your clutch is fuxored.

Get on the highway, put it in 5th at 3grand or so @ cruise. Then Stomp on the gas pedal. if it slipps your ass got no gripps. you need a clutch.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:51 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

it sounds like bad sync. in short the collor on the syncro is not staying in place and is only engadge half the way instead of all the way.. time for an overhall
Old 08-15-2006, 11:10 PM

Oh btw madjohn i might be getting at you about a rebuilt tranny soon lol.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:28 PM

What should I do if it dont slip in 5th?

And if it my syncro...what should I do?

I am leaving for college this sat. I need to know if its safe to drive and everything.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2006, 06:05 PM

ya this same problom just started 2 happen 2 me goin into 4th gear.