Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

The Tib Is Acting Up Again

Old 08-24-2006, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whenever i drive the car it performs great after i start it up, heat it up and drive but after an extended period of time ive found that when i acelerate from a stop it feels like its holding back and slowas a slug, and it really feels like this from 2000rpms in first to about 4000rpms but when i go a lil past that it feels a little better but still bad and then the same in second and third forth is a little better but still a little slow, and this only happens after im driving for a little bit, i have no check engine lights and it gets really bad if i rev up and launch, it just sorta bogs out im thinking my clutch might be over heating but i dont know lol if anyone can help please let me know
ps (irealized i was in the wrong place posting this after i already did, can someone move it to engine tranny)
Old 08-24-2006, 05:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

how have you been keeping up, maintenance-wise. how many mile on the original clutch?
Old 08-24-2006, 05:44 PM

umm i keep up on my car well, i havnt done fuel injector cleaner in a while and as far as i know its the orig clutch so it has like 87,000 miles on it, i checked my plugs and saw that the cap that was holding it on (the thing that has the hyundai symbol on it that everyone either takes off or paints) was crushing part of the wire all the way to the left aaybe i need new wires, but it just started happening which means that wire was being crushed for a while(6 months) ive never changed the ignition wires, and i was told when i bought the car 7 months ago that it just had a tune up and the wires look fairly new so i think im gunna try fuel injector cleaner and plugs and wires unless someone tells me different
Old 08-24-2006, 06:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

see, i was going tosay plugs&wires but if it only starts acting up after its been started for a while that tends to make me think something else is at fault.

but chances are you need them changed anyway, so i would go for it. ngk plugs&wires are cheap.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:10 PM

ive been looking at posts and i have a dei sung tps imgunna go to hyundai tomarrow, do they give me a free one if i tell them that i herd it was recalled and it supposed to be a kiefco tps this deff sux b/c it happens when i have no money lol
Old 08-24-2006, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'd answer you, but I'm scared I might get a reply.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:44 PM

lol redz do you think its the tps? i think i might just go to autozone and get it if so
Old 08-24-2006, 07:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I don't know. I tried to read your posts but my brain rebelled.

Need.... punc....tuation....

AARRGGHHHH!!!

*Do a search for TPS, bet ya you'll find a LOT of info on how to get it fixed, free.*
Old 08-25-2006, 04:22 PM

so i got the tps and re set my comp and nothing at all has changed , so i got new spark plug wires and put them on and nothing at all has changed im about to pull my hair out b/c im spending money that i dont have and i cant figure this out

now ive done a new fuel filter and still no change

also my cai feels really hot after i drive for a while, could i have fried the intake temp sensor? i think im gunna murder someone with the amout of frustration im having lol
Old 08-25-2006, 05:59 PM

OK, just have patience and take a deep breathe...
Be more specific about the failure... is like misfiring, like only one cilynder is failing? Or is it like you don't have enough air/fuel and the car runs evenly but weak?
Also, I don't think it's electrical (sparkwise) because it works ok when the car is cold/less warmed, but it could be some temperature sensor; either on the TB itself or on the refrigerant temperature, or block temperature. For your words it would seem as if your ECU is somehow cutting power/fuel from the engine...

On another view at the problem; have you checked your exhaust line? If you hit a bump or something, and you have crushed your exhaust it could generate such behaviour of the engine. Have you cleaned your air filter recently? This thing is happening in summer only or did it happen in winter also? Is your CAI a true CAI or is it more of a WAI?
Have you checked that your intake air temperature sensor is in the right place (and I don't mean where you put it first, but if it is still there... sometimes that piece falls and generates inacurate readings...)
The other thing that could be failing is your gas pump, but I wouldn't risk to buy that if it's not for a sure diagnostic; can you take it out to flow test it in a shop?
I'd suggest two things:
1st: Check all fluid lines (and consider air as a fluid too)

2nd: Fill your profile and pics in the Garage area... it would be nice to check your car...