Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Motor Mount !

Old 05-16-2006, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Sonata Turbo

i recevied my engine mount Set from kpsec last week install them last week end everything went ok broke one of the 2 front bolt that hold the cross member but everthing is ok now

they seem to work well but it feel funny it's like the car feel less powerfull now when i snap the gaz i feel less brutal then it use to... i had a bit of problem putting the mount back on afther installing them on the cross member the rear one was a bit off not by a full hole but half of it i'd says is it normal ?

my clutch need to be change is this why the car feel less brutal ? the engine is not moving a mush as it use so the clutch is taking all the presure ?

i know this may not be all clear but it is really a weird feeling :S

when i had my X3 i did the Windos weld mod on the motor mount and afther it ... i don't think it was feeling like that :S

could i have done something wrong ? or being of a bit are the rear is a big problem ?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rubber mounts allow the engine and trans to move around quite a bit. You can really "Snap" the engine around. With the Kspec mounts, it is more controlled and you do not get all the violence that you would otherwise.

I really doubt that you lost any power with a mount change.. but your perceptions of the car have changed.