Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Fixed My Sqeaking Clutch

Old 05-18-2006, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So my new 2001 Tiburon had the all too common sqeaking clutch as described here
Sqeaking video by koreanredneck

So my dad suggested to grab a can of WD40 and while I continually engaged/disengaged the clutch he would spray the clutch fork and that metal arm that's on top of the clutch release shaft. At first I thought, christ this ain't gonna work, but then after about spraying the thing for 30 secs or more while it's moving the noise COMPLETELY went away.

I couldn't belive it so I immeaditely wnt and drove the car really hard and came back to my garage. I pressed in the clutch pedal really slow(this is when the noise always is worse) and it did nothing. I checked again with my dad doing it and me in the engine bay listening real close and there was no noise at all.

I'm guessing maybe the lubricant gets in the release fork assembly and maybe lubricates the upper and lower bushings? Anyway, just wanted to share and maybe help someone out. I'm NOT saying this will definately cure the problem as it is a manufacturer defect, BUT it may be a suitable short term solution.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:59 AM

I removed the slave cylindar and lubed the hell out of it top and bottom. That only fixed it for about 4-5 months. I don't wory about it anymore. wink1.gif
Old 05-18-2006, 06:19 AM

Okay you all can call me a dumbarse anytime. I was all confused when I saw this top, but at the same time kind of excited. I thought the topic was,

Fixed my SPEAKING clutch

And I was like, "OH SNAP, a clutch that speaks, thats the heats"

Opened up the topic and swore I read

"SPEAKING video by koreanredneck"

So with all excitment I clicked on it, and well.....no speaking clutch.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:53 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

whoa! this is what i need to do....i tried spraying wd40 all over, but it didn't work too well. perhaps engaging/disengaging the clutch while spraying is an essential part?
Old 05-18-2006, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I sprayed the hell out of that area with Silicone spray. It didn't work.. then I took a turkey baster and sucked out the CLutch fluid out of the reservior and put nnew fluid in. My clutch action was sooo much smoother but the noise came back after the engine was warmed up.

Maybe I whould use WD40?
Old 05-18-2006, 07:24 PM

I think the trick is doing it while someone else is pressing/depressing the clutch. Do it for a good minute or something. worked like a charm for me. Hass been noiseless for about 3 weeks.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:53 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Thanks peurto Rican man. San Juan was the bomb.. the hottest women , next to italy!