Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

more o2 problems!! (besides slipstreams)

Old 11-28-2004, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default shipping to Australia

well this morning my car just died when I was pulling into a parking lot. it started up just fine but I got a cel. I took it to autozone tonight and got a oxygen/fuel error. I'm completely sure its one of the oxygen sensors but I have a couple questions.

1. how do you check an O2 sensor? I want to make sure it's the front one.
2. is it possible to clean them up (could this be the problem)? my cars been making alot of carbon...probably due to the sensor placement (see below)
3. if I need to replace a sensor should I get a wideband sensor or are they just for when you turn the car??

At autozone he cleared the cel and man did the car act crasy on the way home. it would idle over 1k then drop to 500 then back up. jerky in 1st gear, etc.

My current setup is ssa 421's with the O2's in the regular spots, I'm betting that I'm going to have to replace the front O2. it was actually damaged in a wreck before I got the car, over two years ago and about 50k. still has a little dent in it. and move the second 02 to behind the cat.

thanks in advance!! laugh.gif
Old 11-29-2004, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Rim Weight question

im guessing the front O2 because the second one is really to make sure the catalytic converter is working. Hence why its after the cat. Also when you read the code it should give you info like what sensor bank it is in. At least the scanner we use at my autozone does.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Ugliest Tibs around

I'm trying to remember the codes it pulled. I think it was 1144 & 1148. all the guy said was that they were fuel errors and could be anything from running the car without the gas cap on to o2 sensors.