Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Matrix Oil?

Old 03-28-2008, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take the Tib to a local lube shop when life gets hectic and I just dont feel like changing my own oil, but the one I usually go to closed up shop so I decided to go to another one that was recommended by a friend. It seems the "house oil" there is Matrix Oil. I've never heard of it, so I payed an extra 3 bucks to get the usual Mobil.

I checked their site Matrix Lubricants, and it sounds alright. I just wanted to know everyone else's thoughts/experiences to satisfy my curiosity.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I myself have never heard of it either. Is it an off brand of some other name brand company? Personally i have been using Castrol GTX and not had a problem. I may run a change or 2 on royal purple this summer to see if it really makes a difference.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:35 AM

Yeah they dont carry Castrol around here anymore, it's weird, I used to use Castrol GTX High Mileage but none of the lube shops seem to carry it...