Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Lucas Oil Treatment.

Old 01-23-2006, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone use it?

It appears to work for me, Ive been running it in my car ever since Ive owned. Just wanted to know if anyone has any ups or downs about it.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:05 PM

I think I've linked this before, but this test had some interesting results. If you follow the link at the bottom, there is some good discussion in the forums.

Speaking of additives, although something that does the opposite, I'm running a can of B12 Chemtool in my tank, and my exhaust is now smoking like a mofo, my check engine light came on, and when I initially give the engine gas in first the RPMs drop to the point of almost shutting off. I'm scared. Hopefully I just have a lot of buildup on the valves being dissolved. or maybe my cat is being destroyed. 02.gif
Old 01-23-2006, 05:35 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

how often do you use the B12?

You should use a 1/2 bottle every FULL tank like once a month or less (every three fill-ups). And that's only if you have clogged injectors or somewhere else in the fuel supply system. Too much Chemtool B12 is a bad thing, tibs are not carberated.

Check the code with a scanner. If the smoke is black out of your exhaust pipe it might just be a "too rich" code. I just noticed a little black puffs out of my car because of the way it runs rich. Maybe B12 is unrelated, maybe not.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:15 PM

This was my first time in the gas tank, so that's probably why. And the last time I took my car in the mechanic recommended fuel injector service, to the tune of $200. Yeah. . . I used 1oz per gallon.

I've used it before in the oil, although I don't plan to again. I'm going with Seafoam through the intake manifold next time.

/end hijack

I'd like to hear some comments on the above link. I know a lot of people use one quart of Lucas and two of Redline in the tranny.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

The white smoke coming out of your exhaust is probably all of the built up carbon on the various parts of your engine (valves, cylinder head, pistons). I used GM's top engine cleaner once and there was soooo much white smoke! My CEL was flashing when I put it in (you suck it in through one of the IM vacuum lines). Then I let it sit for a while and took it for a ride, there was so much white smoke that I could barely see behind me LOL! After I ran that stuff through the engine it seemed to run smoother, I should probably use it again. But, if you do use it, make sure to change your oil soon after as it may be diluted by the cleaner.

Sorry for being off topic there.

About the lucas, I have never used it in the engine, I have used it in my trans (w/ 2 qts of redline) and didn't notice any difference. I might put it in my engine next time I do an oil change.