Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Jenvey Quad Throttle Intake

Old 07-09-2006, 04:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im thinking to upgrade my BBTB and custom intake with a jenvey quad throttle intake. What is your opinion about it ?
Old 07-09-2006, 07:07 AM

I think your about to loose all of you bottom end torque and daily/street drivablility. A good intake is not only desinded to get the most air into the engine but to cause an adaquate amout of "conjestion" to improve bottom end torque response. Then agian I might be talking out of my arse.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:16 AM

i also forgot to mention that the car is daily driven. I go to work, shopping, kid to school, etc...
Old 07-09-2006, 09:04 AM

A quad throttle intake would be no different than running a pair of sidedraft carbs on an inline four. The hardest part (besides keeping them synced up on a daily or weekly basis) would be getting the proper size. Too large and you start having problems with the low end, too small and you lose top end. I know in weber carbs.. about 40 to 42 mm throats is about right for a 2litre engine.

Just remember, in daily driving 75% or more of the time your engine is at partial throttle or less.. you really only rarely need to go WOT to redline a very small amount of the time... so plan accordingly

As for the quad throttle body set up.. got a link? I have never heard of them
Old 07-09-2006, 11:01 AM

You can do it yourself. . .I posted a link to a nice writeup a while back, but it looks like the pics are down.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

They are pretty hard to tune, but it is possible to street drive them if they are sized appropriately.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:46 PM

My Fiat is going quad throttle bodies, but it is also not going to be a daily driver you take to the store (well, maybe on a REALLY nice day) so I know something about them. As these are throttle bodies and not carbs, you only have to worry about getting the throttle plates synced.. no worries about needle jets, idle jets, accelerator pumps, and the other silly stuff that carbs have. Makes it much easier than carbs.. the computer controls most of it.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:53 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Never heard of jenvey, but RPW out of australia makes them for our cars. I would contact airborne as he could probably get you an ECU tuned for it too, I'm sure these are much easier to get in korea, plus they're MAP based, and so are you right?