Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Injector Questions And Help

Old 06-11-2010, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '97 hyundai tiburon fx

First off I was told to replace my fuel injectors by a mechanic,so I bought some off here from somebody who pulled them from a '97 2.0l. But before they arrived a deal on a cheap motor which turned out to be a 1.8l. So we tried the injectors from that one. Nothing wouldn't even start anymore,I figured the Injectors were wrong so I waited for the others to arrive and when they did they were the same injectors from the 1.8 I just tried. Are these injectors completely different or should it still work.
The just isn't getting gas since we changed them,is there anything else I should he looking at?
Old 06-11-2010, 03:47 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Injectors from a 1.8 or a 2.0 shouldn't matter too much. The 1.8's are a tad smaller but the car should start and run with them regardless.

Disconnect the main feed line to the rail and put a rag under and crank the motor. If fuel pours out then you've got gas there. If not check filter and fuel pump or relay.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: '97 hyundai tiburon fx

Fuel pump and filter were just replaced,we check for fuel just before the fuel rail and we're not getting any there.I'm checking the pump today make sure nothing came off or loose. Where is the relay located?

I've poked all wires in and around the fuel pump,the green wire I'm assuming us my fuel gauge is getting power,but the yellow wire I'm assuming is my fuel pump isn't. So would that be a relay? If so is it one of the ones above the fuse panel on the driverside by the ecu. And if so which one is it?

is this the relay i'm looking for? could this be the reason i'm not getting power to my fuel pump? any help? anybody?
Old 06-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If your pump isn't getting power, but the relay is getting its activation signal, it's the relay or the wiring. Put 12V directly to the pump . . . does it pump?