Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Igniton Lock Switch?

Old 07-31-2008, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering what this does exactly? Well when I bought my car about a year ago this idiot kid that owned the car melted the wire harness from having his subs and put wrong fuses in....anyways I took off the whole dash and fixed all the melted wires perfect (went from the stereo wires all the way till the fusebox... PITA to fix). The weird thing is whenever I have that ignition switch plugged in and I let the clutch out my brake lights will come on.. so when ever I switched gears my brake lights would go on mad.gif I've had it unplugged for like a year. Just wondering if it will hurt anything? I did see another plug that it could possibly plug into.. maybe I have it plugged into the wrong one?

Old 07-31-2008, 12:57 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

By unplugging it you are able to start your car without holding the clutch pedal down. Nothing will happen if you leave it unplugged but for safety precautions I would plug it in than find out where your shorting in your wires to be able to turn on the brake lights. You wouldn't want to accidentally start your car in 1st and have it fly a meter forward, would ya?

The brake pedal also has a similar switch, you don't have it in plugged in there do ya?!?

Anyhow, check hma wiring diagrams and solve your problem.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:45 AM

No maybe that's the wrong one I'm talking about.. I'm talking about the switch on the top of the clutch pedal not on the bottom. It's not the ignition switch (one on the bottem of the clutch pedal) then because that switch is hooked up.