Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Check Engine Light Has Been On...

Old 07-31-2008, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i went to autozone and they did the free engine light check and got these codes

-P0455- Evaporative emission (EVAP) system“ large leak detected Hose connection(s), intake leak, EVAP canister, EVAP canister purge valve

-P0734- Gear 4“ incorrect ratio Wiring, TR sensor/switch, shift solenoid, transmission mechanical fault

these are 2 out of the 3 codes that i got, forgot the other one. if anyone knows how to fix these so my car will pass inspection, please help.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

dunno about the transmission stuff, but for the EVAP, could you pressurize it with compressed air and see where it comes out (if it's leaking that is)?
Old 08-01-2008, 05:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

do you top off a lot? that could explain the evap code or even if you don't shut the cap right you can get it. No clue about the other one.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you need to clean or replace purge solenoid. clean it first. i could never remember if it's the one by the evap canister or if there's another by the manifold. another thing is one of the tubes might be cracked or disconnected. the evap canister is located in the rear of the car around the trunk area by the gas tank.

there's a DIY made by hyundai on how to do it but i can't find it.

sorry but i can't find the DIY.

from redzman:
99% of the time it's a loose or improperly mounted gas cap.

i agree, have your gas cap replaced with a brand new one and see if that fixes the problem, but only after you've visually inspected the condition of the tubes down there.