Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Idle Shaking Problem

Old 08-26-2007, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when im usually stopped, or in first about to go my car has a somewhat bad shaking problem, it wasnt a big deal at first but its been getting worse, anyone know what that might be.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Your idle is probably set too low. See webtech.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:13 AM

friend said it could be motor mounts. is that possible?
Old 08-26-2007, 12:38 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

My shaking went away when I changed my flywheel. There's alot of things that can be going on, fouled spark plugs, clogged PCV, plug wires... Open your operators manual and perform the required maintenance items which correspond to your current milage versus the last time you performed maintenance. Our cars don't go to hell easily if you perform correct maintenance.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Nex

It could be the mounts, but the thing is that the car would feel like it rumbles not shake, especially when you're dead stopped. If its when you begin to release your clutch to engage, then its either your clutch that is worn out(i had this prob) or flywheel. Worst case its both.

I suggest you get it checked out, and dont allow yourself to get ripped off either, have a few different places check it out.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:52 AM

its not really when im starting to go, more of just sitting there, i might get polyurathane motor mounts anyway, mine do look a bit bad.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

OMG your sig is friggin awesome!!! LOL!

Anyway, if you let the car idle, pop the hood, and rev the engine using the pulley on the throttle body, the engine should only kick back a 1/2" to 1" max. If it looks too sloppy, then motor mounts are in order, and polyurethane ones would be great!

Just keep in mind that some slight vibration could be transferred into the passenger compartment with the new mounts due to their stiffness transferring the engine movement into the body of the car, mostly at idle. It will feel like a slight hum, very fast repetition.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:20 AM

should i trust ebay, or seoulful for motor mounts i know ebay is cheaper and what not. i really dont know