Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

I Have A Few Questions On Manual Tranny Swap

Old 06-07-2007, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done the search and have found several good topics on this subject but have a few questions. I see that people have had codes come up after swap are these able to be resolved with the correct wiring changes? I have read one that has had a problem with the charging of the battery was this also a wiring problem? I have a donor car a 99 tiburon fx 2.0 my sons is a 97 base tiburon with a 1.8 and I assume the trannys are the same. I also have access to lots of elantras with autos but I assume that these trannys will not fit the Tibs as they dont come up on the exchange. Thanks I will be parting out the donor car when finished it has good fenders doors rear hatch if anyone is interested in them. My son also purchased a 99 mercury cougar that needed a motor so that is another project we are undertaking as well!!! Thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 07:42 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

i have dealt with my CEL ever since the swap.

for some reason the ECU doesnt know whats going on with the TCU. but with a manual you dont have a TCU. in the place of the TCU there are 2 terminator type pugs where the TCU would have been if the car was an auto.

I havent been able to find these terminators in my area, but then again i havent really looked around for them.

i have no performance issues with my CEL, so Im not worried about it.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

but if emissions are a concern there will be a problem. you should be able to find the correct plugs at a local electrical store
Old 06-11-2007, 08:53 PM

Thanks for replys I will be attempting this in a couple of weeks. I will find those plugs you talk about then but right now I have no idea. If you go to the diy section there is a part in there it says to connect wires and such but does not mention what you state above.