Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

i got a ? ..and i kno my tranz is already messed up

Old 11-09-2003, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i took it to a tranz place and they think im crazy cause my tranz acts up only with me (its an auto by the way) ok anyway they say nothing is wrong well today it was being weird so i took it in a parking lot and i put it in N i revved to about 4500 rpms and dropped it in D and nothing happns it dosent burn out it jus pauses for a moment then starts to drive like i wasent revving it ....any1 kno what is wrong with the tranz ??
Old 11-10-2003, 01:54 AM

I just had my auto tranny replaced 1 month ago.

Well, I am really hoping that you dont normal try and pull burn outs with your auto tranny, if so, ...= BOOM!
If it doesnt engage the gear within 2 or 3 seconds, ... its f***ed bro!
how many mile/kilometers does it have?
from a dead stop "P" , can you engage the reverse with no problem, but shifting to Drive takes longer to engage?

Before my tranny died ,that was the case with me.

P.S. DONT EVER BURN OUT WITH AN AUTO!! not good at all! ( i did it like 6 times before i had to replace my tranny, boy did i learn my lesson!)
Old 11-10-2003, 01:20 PM

yea i have a full warranty so im not worried..but yea like it takes a few seconds to engage when i do N drops i normally dont do them but i wanted to see wat happens ....yea sometimes it wouldnt engeage at all but hasent done that in a while..but anyway like when i stop at a stop sign when i stop i feel a bump frm the transmission downshifting its a pretty big bump...i took it to the trans place and they said nothing is wrong i kno there is but i think they just dont wanna replace my tranz because its under warranty...it only has 67,xxx
Old 11-11-2003, 10:52 AM

Yeah, I had that problem too and got my tranny replaced a year ago and am having the trouble again.....unless it is under warranty DON'T let the dealer do it. I paid over 3,000 for the replacement and I think I got screwed on the deal because the tranny temp sensor was bad on the new tranny so I had to take it back in one day.....and now I have passed the 12 month 12,000 mile warranty that it came with. Get a used one from a junk yard and have it put in by a performance shop. Just my 2cents.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:34 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Dude Voidweller, thats the same, SAME DAMN THING, that happened to me, they told me they just didnt update the TCM. FVCKERS, so I gave em the big middle finger when they said I would have to shoot them another 3000 in parts, then more for the second time around install. So I took the money I would have spent, and slapped in a 10,000 mile engine, 5 speed, full leather interior, 2nd gen dash, new non captive brakes, even the gas tank and fuel lines (but that was just my craziness). I got all that for under 3000 which is what the dealer wanted.

AUTO TRANNIES SUCK
Old 11-13-2003, 05:31 PM

3000 to replace a tranny? Makes me REALLY glad to have the stick.