Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

The HyundaiProject website is coming back...

Old 04-12-2002, 05:16 AM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The HyundaiProject website is coming back...

After months of fighting with ISP's and whatnot, I said screw it smile.gif I'm now partial owner of a fully standalone web server from RackShack, and now have access to 20+GB/mo of data transfer and 4gb of storage.

Coming very soon:

Regularly updated news on what's up with the project, a shiz-load of pictures of the whole ordeal, a technical archive that covers a lot of what I'm doing, a downloads section with sound and movie clips of the car along with downloadable haltech maps. Among other things...

Right now I was able to upload a copy of my REALLY old files, which is basically just the OLD framework that's missing a buttload of PHP script and a whole slew of links. Also right now the mail server is brand new so none of the SMTP references work yet.

But I'm hoping to have this site up and FULLY running in a week. Since most of this coming week is basically shot for getting the car working (grr) then I guess I'll have LOTS of time to get the site working

http://www.hyundaiproject.com

No whining about the current layout or the broken email addresses yet, just gimmie a week.
Old 04-12-2002, 05:32 AM

Red:

HyundaiPerformance.com: HP is run by KORE (Korean Optional Racing Equipment), another aftermarket parts provider similar to SR. The forums are generally the same as SR, but are not as well arranged in my opinion.
I agree. Ha ha ha........ can't wait until the people over at HP see that one!

Red, I believe that since Kore has created their own site they no longer have anything to do with HP.com..........

I think!

[ April 12, 2002, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Mark D' Shark ]
Old 04-12-2002, 05:35 AM

Red,
I'm going to be in a similar situation. I have the rights to www.turbo-tiburon.com, but have partial hosting problems. Right now it just links to my year-old geo$hitties page. I'm going to have a DSL line, so I might just make my computer a server for the site and be done with it. AzzY offered to hook me up with some other providers as well, but I think I'll like having the server in my office room. smile.gif

Now to find out if my DSL will give me a static IP . . .

Ah, too much nerd stuff. tongue.gif

ac

[ April 12, 2002, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Curtas ]
Old 04-12-2002, 05:45 AM
Red

Mark - LOL! I forgot I wrote that, but I still kinda agree Hahaha...

Curtas - Be careful with the DSL webserver. The "acceptable terms of use" contract on my cable modem (2.5mbit download / 320kbit upload) specifically says you aren't allowed to run a webserver. Not only that, but the very reason they don't give you a static IP is so you cannot link a DNS name to it.

Both USWorst and Comcast both told me that if I want a static IP, I'm a "business" rather than a regular Joe User and the billing goes from $30/mo for my current cable to like $150/mo.

Blah on that!
Old 04-12-2002, 06:03 AM

Mark D' Shark:
Red:

HyundaiPerformance.com: HP is run by KORE (Korean Optional Racing Equipment), another aftermarket parts provider similar to SR. The forums are generally the same as SR, but are not as well arranged in my opinion.
I agree. Ha ha ha........ can't wait until the people over at HP see that one!

Red, I believe that since Kore has created their own site they no longer have anything to do with HP.com..........

I think!
You are correct. KORE has their site open now and all KORE stuff is done thu there. BTW feel free to comment on the site as I did the work but hey I don't have alot of time.

RED: Who did your config on your rack shack server I'm looking at going to them but need to find someone to setup my inital stuf fon it as far as upgrades to OS and such and get ssh turned on and stuff amy help??

I m looing to move KORE to RackShack soon.

Thanks.

Can I plug KORE MotorsportsAgain.
Old 04-12-2002, 06:15 AM
Red

My friend, long-standing member of FXTreme and partner in crime Joel actually purchased the server for $70 a month. He is a FreeBSD guru and did it all for me.

I just pay Joel $20 a month and he takes care of the rest We had to bump to the 128mb/4GB server option because the little 64mb machines would simply page into oblivion while trying to run all his PHP and webserver threads. His site, http://www.nmautoscene.com did 8.5gb of traffic last month, and just for the 11 days of THIS month it's already hit 3.2gb... Ouch. His last provider just about crapped a brick when they saw his transfer logs as it was one of those "unlimited bandwidth" places hahaha..

Not unlimited when you do 8.5gb a month wink
Old 04-12-2002, 06:55 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6, 2008 Nissan Xterra Off-Road

Snowman is correct, we are no longer affiliated with KORE and HP.Com was NEVER run by KORE. We hosted their forums on our board like Fxtreme did. That's it. Please change that statement ASAP.

As for servers, HP.Com is also switching to PHP but I will have physical access to the server (750Mhz AMD Athlon with 384MB of RAM and a 40GB HDD) with dual T1 lines .

(8.5g a month is a lot? )

[ April 12, 2002, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: 4doorGL ]
Old 04-14-2002, 12:45 PM

4doorGL:
Snowman is correct, we are no longer affiliated with KORE and HP.Com was NEVER run by KORE. We hosted their forums on our board like Fxtreme did. That's it. Please change that statement ASAP.

(8.5g a month is a lot? )
[EDIT] Inflamitory comment removed [EDIT]

Too funny!

[ April 14, 2002, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 04-14-2002, 02:22 PM

The forums are generally the same as SR, but are not as well arranged in my opinion
Old 04-14-2002, 04:34 PM
Red

4DoorGL, no prob I'll remove the Kore/HP reference. I'll make that update ASAP, although I won't update the rest of the site for still a few more days.

I didn't do anything with it this weekend like I thought I was, instead I was helping Joel with his wife's Neon. It needed a new CV joint, new brake caliper on the driver side, and we had to comb through it with the OBD2 logger to figure out where all the fuggin check-engine lights are coming from.

I hate that Neon...