Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

OEM Airbox MOD --> CAI

Old 04-15-2002, 12:38 AM
BV1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Airbox MOD --> CAI

I did a cheap airbox mod this weekend and it shows a .01-.02 G gain on the G-tech pro. So I thought I would share it.

Many of you know the mod about the reoval of the resonator and snorkle intake of the OEM airbox. However when you do this mod you are sucking in warm air from the radiator. Well, before my AOS CAI arrived I thought I would try and see what I could to increase HP from the stock airbox.

I went to REVY and bought a 2'3/4" to 3" elbow PVC pipe (90 deg bend) with a 1.5 ft 3" pipe that fits in snuggly to the elbow. This attaches to the airbox where the resonator normally would and runs all the way down to about 6" off the ground sucking in cold air. I attached it to the OEM airbox with 2 screws and a little RTV silicon to make it airtight. It works great, I insulated the PCV pipe exterior with silver heat resistant tape too. All together it cost me $10 Canadian, and it looks pretty OEM. I will attach pics tommorrow.
-Steve
Old 04-15-2002, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

#1. This is called the "Snorkus" mod, and it has been around since the first Tibbies/elantras came out.

#2. This belongs in the ENGINE modifications forum, not the Team SR MEMBERSHIP General forum.