Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Hyundai Project update: engine is in...

Old 04-29-2002, 05:28 AM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyundai Project update: engine is in...

Started on Friday evening, finished Sunday night. We weren't in a big hurry, took our time to make sure it all went right. For more details, click: http://www.hyundaiproject.com

Questions and comments welcome.
Old 04-29-2002, 05:33 AM

did you start it???? huh huh huh??? did ya did ya???? huh huh huh????
Old 04-29-2002, 05:36 AM
Red

Haltech isn't wired yet, it'll probably be this Friday (at least) before it runs. Still gotta run all the wiring, solder all the connectors, gotta buy two RX7 ignitors and a toggle ignitor module among a few other things.

Don't worry, I'll post pictures AND video when it's first started smile.gif
Old 04-29-2002, 05:39 AM

You are truly ahead of the pack RED. The only thing that scares me is your 5 cent plug. You should have used a Buffalo nickel for better luck. Wouldn't it be easier to make a block-off plate to fill the hole. With your bordering on anal attentiveness to that motor you throw me for a loop with that plug.

[ April 29, 2002, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: DESIGN ]
Old 04-29-2002, 05:40 AM

ahhhhhhhh damnit
got all exited for nothing,...lol

Definantly take video though

i wanna hear how your insane engine sounds
Old 04-29-2002, 06:03 AM

lookin' good. That nickle trick is awesome!

BTW, what was shipping time from Ballistic Racing? I'm probably using them for my downpipe.

thanks,
AC
Old 04-29-2002, 06:20 AM
Red

Actually, "money fixes" are pretty common among the enthusiast groups. For those of you who remember Joel from FXTreme, he has long-since traded in the Civic Si for a Mitsu Starion (well actually, a Conquest, but it's the same thing). One of the very common fixes in the StarQuest crowd is the "twenty five cent fix" where they use a quarter to block off the EGR valve opening at the exhaust manifold.

Honestly, the nickel fit perfectly -- it was like 3-thousandths too big and so it tapped in like a good freeze plug. We added the RTV only for good measure, but I doubt that thing ever moves. smile.gif Eventually perhaps I'll make a small aluminum block-off plate and tack it down with the single bolt hole, but this was just cooler and easier

As for Ballistic Racing, the ship time was like five days -- not counting my Bank SUCKING HARDCORE at transferring the funds but we will not talk about that.

[ April 29, 2002, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Red ]
Old 04-29-2002, 06:32 AM

NICE!!!! i'm jealous!!!

400whp?!? thats wrong on so many levels. Are we looking at a 10second car(F&F quote)?
Old 04-29-2002, 06:58 AM

Red, just a side note:

Under the "Contacts" section of your site you've got "teamsr.com" as the addy for this site. Prolly wanna' change dat to teamsr.org.

Just thought you might wanna' know.

Man that is just sick. And to think I'm all upset at the cost of a simple beta swap into my car. Good work man, can't say enough about the hard work dat shiz must take.

Gary