Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Is there any way?

Old 04-27-2002, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any way?

OK I suppose this may be kind of hard to do, but is there any way to increase the capacity of gasoline in the 01 Tib? Because with the mods I'm adding my gas is gonna get eaten pretty quickly I think.

[ April 28, 2002, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: 9o7TiB7o9 ]
Old 04-27-2002, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Uh...what mods?

Turn the trunk into a second gas tank and somehow connect the two.

Anything is possible with enough money.
Old 04-28-2002, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Bigger pump, bigger lines, bigger injectors...bigger fuel filter thats rated at 1000Bhp and above...? A twin pump setup that would require the tank to be modified? An inline booster pump? A drop tank made to fit either a single big pump or the twin pump setup? There's lots of ways man...just choose the one that will fit your budget, and with all these you might wanna get another fuel pressure regulator that has a higher flow rating.
Old 04-29-2002, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Unless you want to dish out for somebody else to do it properly, you're going to have to settle for filling up more frequently. You can get a fuel cell, or have a custom gas tank made up for you. I'm thinking, ditch the spare for a can of fix-a-flat and a cell phone, and have auxillary fuel storage where the spare tire well currently is.

the only problems are: sealing, crashworthiness, and where the filler neck will be. sealing is obvious. crashworthiness, get something strong and mount it solid; a fuel cell with a bladder inside is a good idea. the filler neck is another story. If you put something in the back of the car, just bolted down in the cargo area you have a couple of problems; one, the gas would quickly fill and negate the usefulness of the EVAP system. Two, you would need to open up the back every time you filled up (need to fill up @ highest point in gas tank). (duh, I guess you could change where the evap gets the vapors from rolleyes.gif )

I think the BEST way, would be to have a custom tank made up, taking advantage of the space around the stock tank and maybe lowering closer to the ground. If you can lose the spare tire, have them make the tank so it goes back into the tirewell area too. I think combining those last two sentences, you could get maybe 20-25 gallons, tops, and keep the stock filler neck location and EVAP functionality.

But then you have lots of weight. Gas is just over 7 lbs/ gallon. 14 gal is around a hundred pounds. 25 is around 180. You better make sure your new tank has baffles in it so you don't have a hundred pounds of gas sloshing around at the extreme rear of the car, if you intend to do any racing with turning the steering wheel involved. And for heaven's sake, make sure it's mounted securely! eek!