Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Hyundai Coupe 2.0 N/A Dyno

Old 01-20-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

^agreed i ran 126 hp-128tq uncorrected this last year with just intake header...^

what gear did you make your pulls in?

3rd would read higher on the graph, whereas 4th is lower then 1:1 and would read less power.

i made mine in 4th with correction for gearing.

correction factor uses temp humidity and barometric pressure, maybe altitude as well. (having accurate weather measurements is important when using correction factor)

the comparison graph looks like before/after tuning.

im thinking before the neo, with intake exhaust cam polish it would be pretty close to 140hp... your graph shows from 145-150whp, so im gonna say its off by 5 hp (MY OPINION)

im glad to see more graphs, people don't dyno hyundai's often lol
Old 01-20-2014, 03:10 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe

Thanx Visionz, waiting for the winter to end so I can work on the car

Muffin, all the pulls were in 4th gear. As u said there is always some correction.

You're right about the comparison graph it was before and after fuel tuning, but that's not whp. It was around 130whp or a little more.

There was a problem with the wide band and I wasn't able to fine tune it. Afr is around 12.5-13.0

I'll upload the whp graph as soon as I get it. Your results were 126whp with just cai and header right? Upload the graph if u have it
Old 01-20-2014, 04:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

blah blah blah

you know how many times ive heard "just you wait" in the 14 years ive been around these parts? i wont hold my breath. in fact, please feel free to save this page and once you hit 250 ACTUAL UNCORRECTED WHEEL HORSEPOWER ill post an apology to you with a can of soup on my head

also, stfu jon you've updated and reupdated your HA garage more than youve actually worked on the car. you know who else used to talk about making MASSIVE HORSEPOWER and never delivered? ill give you a hint, his name was also jon also he lived in korea....
Old 01-20-2014, 05:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Well, Blitz was wrong about you. Normally statues are made to resemble something impressive. Not a rusted, gutted, shitbox in the hands of a newb.

And if you recall, I set a couple new power limits in my limited time working with the red Tib. You spend more time here typing with one hand and masterbating with the other to other member's achievements than wrenching on your pos.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Faith, if every post you make is to be a jerk to someone doing good work and being justifiably proud of himself, you are going to end up banned. You're out of line on this thread, even for you.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:00 PM

first, stalker stfu

me and blitz have been giving each other sh*t for a long time, he can take and give it back unlike your overly sensitive female self.

second, jon my car is all those things but it isnt rusty thank you. come tune my sh*t foo and ill buy you a steak and a beer
Old 01-20-2014, 07:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

If you can read 14 years of forum nonsense, then you can read a simple book on tuning.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:55 PM

are there tuning books with pictures of cats?
Old 01-21-2014, 03:20 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe

Faith, I'll at least try to hit 250whp. Money is a big factor and I think u know it very well. Also I live in a shitty country as u said, so it's more difficult for me U live in the best country in the world and the result is ... at least mine can go to the dyno, make 10 pulls and put more power than stock with mods that u said are useless I know that 150hp/200nm is nothing special , but for me is a prove that these minor mods are done right. I'm happy that the Neo works for my ECU and this can be usefull for someone with Siemens ECU. Also not everybody wants to go all the way to boost their car

90% of the stuff that I know about my car are thanx to the people from this forum and I'm thankful even to u shithead, cause when u in a good mood u can be very helpful , but most of the time u r a douche

What do u guys think is the best Afr for n/a? I aimed for 13 , cause when I got 13.5-13.7 the tib didn't like it it was around 15hp drop ?! My opinion is that the beta engine like it a bit richer.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:25 PM

i know all about the money issue mang, cars been a work in progress longer than youve probably owned your car lol

betas tend to run a bit rich from the factory as it is, 14.7:1 is supposed to be stoich but that depends on the type of fuel in general

what octane are you running?

hit me up biotch if you need advice on sh*t, believe me dont be like me and jon changing sh*t every few weeks cuz you realized you did something wrong/sub par

when you do boost that neo is gonna be worthless. for NA stuff its fine but boost you are risking LOTS of issues.

ill sell you a FIC for cheapish if you want....pm me for details

PS: merica > *