Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

How To Tell Cams?

Old 12-20-2006, 04:49 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

When i purchased my tiburon it was sold as having "high flow cams". I'm wondering if I take off my valve cover, would I be able to tell by some sort of marking if it was modified or not? Before I say "1.8L" or "name brand here", i'd like some proof. Is there markings on the 2.0L cam?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when did you purchase your tiburon? lol who did you buy it from? probably just someone who thought it would real in someone to buy the car..

the XD one may say something along XD, i know alotta XD parts have markings on them.. on the 1.8L it MAY say 1.8L. i know my stock IM said 1.8L on it.

i guarentee there wont be any name brand cams in there, and if there IS a cam installed its gotta be the 1.8L cam. theres no high lift cams in the car, i would highly doubt it. can you hear the cams when you are idling?
Old 12-20-2006, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I think it should have some serial numbers on the side or end, and you can match them to numbers that Redz probably has. Other than that, there's almost no way to tell.
I think this has been covered somewhere before...
Old 12-20-2006, 08:49 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

i guess at the end, just knowing what year/model did the cams come out of and also the engine code will give you an idea