Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

HKS Dual Dragger

Old 08-24-2001, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Dual Dragger

Anyone know if I can hook one of these bad boys onto my Tib? I see that it's a double-muffler, but can the pipes heading into those come from a single pipe with a splitter? Would this work, or will it only make it sound underpowered and weak?

I really like the look of this setup, and would greatly prefer to have the double-tip outlet over one large single-tip coffee can. I don't care about LOUD output; I'm looking mainly for performance and a full subtle tone.
Old 08-24-2001, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

They come with a single inlet that splits to 2 outlets.
Old 08-24-2001, 06:09 AM

Random, I know you used to have a Dragger of some sort. Was it a single-out or a dual-out? How'd you like the quality of the product / fit / installation / etc?
Old 08-24-2001, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I had the normal HKS Dragger. It was ligher than the stock exhaust and much higher quality. A tad noiser than stock, but nothing horrible.

It was a decent item as far as mufflers go.
Old 08-27-2001, 05:35 AM

I plan on eventually turbocharging my car, but I wouldn't mind picking up the exhaust first. I'd like to save on re-doing any work, so if it's possible, I'd put on the 3" exhaust piping that I'd eventually need for the turbo. But, before I turbo, since I still need a little backpressure, is there any sort of temporary restriction I can put in that will keep things running right? I'm not going to blow any money on headers (again, since I'm going to boost), so those would remain stock. Would those alone, with their smaller diameter, provide enough backpressure to keep my low-end torque? If not, would some sort of small restriction, like a reducer from 3" to 2.25" followed immediately with another reducer put in backwards that would open back up from 2.25" to 3" work? Or should I just hold off on this pipe dream (pun very much intended) and do it all at once when I go boost?