Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Help! I can take out key from ignition while i'm on "Dr

Old 12-17-2004, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Guage Cluster Option

Hi guys, i'm new here. I have 2003 Tiburon GT V6 with AT 32K on it. Couple month ago i started experience problem with my AT Trans.
Here is the problem:
First i now can remove key from ignition when my trans on "D" or "R" position i think its wrong because you should be able to do this when you are on "P".
Second, now i'm often get key stuck in ignition, to remove key i need drive little bit forward or backward and sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes to get key out and its very unpleasant to do this.
Do you have idea or opinions how i can fix it?
One more thing i cannot take car to dealer because i have "Rebuilt Title"
Thanks for ll your help.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: New Guage Cluster Option

You might want to talk to the guys over at Newtiburon.com , they deal with 2003 and up Tiburons. We are about RD Tiburons, the 1997-2001 Tiburons.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:28 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: The Theta is here!!!

Pulling your key out while in drive is really not that big of a thing. If you can start the car without a key, then I'd be worried. As for the other problem, it's still under warranty so get it checked out.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Stainless steel shiftknob in WINTER :(

QUOTE (silvertibbs)
Pulling your key out while in drive is really not that big of a thing. If you can start the car without a key, then I'd be worried. As for the other problem, it's still under warranty so get it checked out.

I think warranty is void because i purchased car from Insurance Auto Auction and its been wrecked before in front.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Best Cheap OEM Mod Yet... *Teaser*

sounds like a friend's ford van... you can pull the key out at any time.. including when the van is running and nothing happens.. you can even restart it without the key.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Engine Splutters.. need help

I didn't get a warranty on my car so i wouldn't know, I think that it should still cover you, even to the second owner you still get half of the original warranty anyway. I'd still check it out.

The key problem.........I dunno I've never heard of it happening. It might be something with how it locks if the wheel has been turned. Follow REDZMAN's advice, we'd love to help but NewTiburon.com would know alot more unfortunately.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:53 PM

Default Re: The Theta is here!!!

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
sounds like a friend's ford van... you can pull the key out at any time.. including when the van is running and nothing happens.. you can even restart it without the key.

Thanks God i dont have same problem.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Unofficial RDTib Females Thread *pics*

Take it to the dealer and see if it's covered under warranty somewhere. You never know, they may fix it for you for free.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Individual Throttle Body

If you find a good dealer, you might get away with small repair work under warranty if they don't ask for the title. If you take it in for a transmission fix, however, probably a different story.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Best Cheap OEM Mod Yet... *Teaser*

As far as I know, dealers are only privy to who owns the car... if the car was originally bought by somebody else, they will probably have that name in their databanks... if you bought it after them, they will only honor the "Secondary" warrenty that they give to the buyer of a used Hyundai.. In other words, if you car still falls under the miliage (60,000 bumper to bumper?) you should be good.