Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Got My Hands On A Beta2

Old 08-28-2006, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

Im so lost... people are dropping newer beta2's into an RD2 or B2s into RD1's? If its a benefit and no hassle to put in a B2 into and RD1 thats my next move. My engines going to hell soon, and now that I think of it, I need a new radiator dammit.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:22 PM

the block itself has no real gain, a VERY slight bump in compression, the real gains are in the head itself. but even that is swappable onto your beta1 block without any real issues. plus the beta2 intake mani will not work on a stock harness, and ecu. you would need to do wuite a bit of work. im keeping all my harness, and ecu, just swapping the full motor, but rebuilt with 1.8 pistons, and possibly trying something with the head thats never been done. but i need to find alot more info before i get into that.

also, my beta2 is a non ccvt head, i didnt want it. the wiring involved would be hell, and as redz said, no real power gain from it. more of a fuel mileage thing on these motors.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:21 PM

ahhh ok well i have the beta2 harness and ecu

*Don't quote the post above you*
Old 08-29-2006, 10:36 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

i'd like to add that to what Agarwal said : to use the beta2 oil pan you'll need to grind two notches in the transmission bellhousing
and you will also have to dimple the crossmember to clear the 2 extra long oil pan bolts
you will also have to discard the engine to transmission "cradle" since the beta2 has that incoparated in the oil pan