Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Got My Exhaust

Old 06-08-2001, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got My Exhaust

hey guys, im MAAAAAD happy!!! i got my exhaust done today. i bought an aerospeed muffler and went and got 2.25 inch piping from the funny looking flexible pipe-back. its hot man. the sound is crazy!!! its deep and loud as hell. the muffler came wit a silencer but i took it off. and damn i noticed a big difference on power too. the muffler was $189 and i kinda got ripped off on the piping cuz i didn't feel like waiting on the other shop so i paid $139 for the pipe and install. all together it was slightly less than $350. its pretty bad ass. just thought i'd share it with everyone. HAHHAA!!!!
Old 06-08-2001, 04:56 PM

You still have a urll for it? Do you have any picutres of it or sound file of it?
Old 06-09-2001, 01:22 AM

nah man, i didn't get it off the internet. but i think its pretty damn good. between this and the kore, there's probably a very small difference in hp gains if any. and you could probably get it cheaper than i got it for since i overpaid for the installing and piping. if u want to pay over a $100 dollars more for the kore to gain like 2hp then i guess dats ur choice but i think this is really good. its an aerospeed muffler, its a smaller canister than the other ones that i saw, the guy said it would be louder and its hella loud man. and anytime u want to suppress the sound it comes with a silencer. i'll go find out exactly wut muffler it is and i'll post it up later.
Old 06-09-2001, 01:35 AM

Way to go, Tibman. Remember me? If you see this before to-nite, Accent1 and I and, of course, our spouses are gonna come see you. I can't wait to see this new exhaust system of yours. Later, QD.
Old 06-09-2001, 02:19 AM

I would like more info on the exhaust that you purchased, So i too can be as happy as you are by the end of the summer!!!!
Old 06-09-2001, 02:31 AM

Yeah find me either {please} a web addy and/or part number. Thanks man...Did you have any thing done to your setup prior to the exhaust? Im trying to gauge how much mine will increase [note my signature and mods] I have the front purrrrr...now I need the back purrrrrr....and what size was the diameter again? And what comes stock on a 2k shark? If they matchup I might get the muffler fitted and then down the road a few weeks, get the cat-back piping.....please advise as I am very interested in this change of exhausts...Where is your .avi,.mpeg.,.asf. file for it? Dont have one yet....get one..PLEASE... ) So I can judge... also please list or private msg. me your mods...or email which ever...
Old 06-09-2001, 02:40 AM

http://www.meanstreet.net/arospeedmufflerpage.htm

one of those?
Old 06-10-2001, 10:38 PM

my bad guys, i haven't been able to go online for a while.
Old 06-10-2001, 10:48 PM

aiight. mine is a aerospeed bomb series muffler, 16" with 2.25 inlet and 4" round tip. the stock im pretty sure is way smaller so your gonna have to get the piping the same time u put it on. i took the silencer off man, and its crazy loud, i love it, but maybe one day i'll put it back on. if you go to any speed shop u should be able to atleast get them to order one for you man. or check on the site for dealer locations around where you live. all u have to do is save up around $100 to get the piping and the rest done. sorry guys that i dont have pictures, but i keep forgeting and i dun have scanner either.
Old 06-11-2001, 08:36 AM

2 1/4" on your exhaust???? Thats weird..on there site..they only have 2.5" inlet's...What is the stock size on a 2k shark? Did you down size to 2 1/4"? Please advise..I might want to get this exhaust if not other piping need to be done right now. Here's another thought: {kinda hard to guesstamate when I dont know the stock size of the piping} but here goes: If I buy a 2.5-3.0 dia. inlet...and the stock is {for arguement sake} 2" could they taper it down to 2"..and then in the future I can upgrade just the piping to 3"...when I get a header? Does that make sense? Please advise...@least to the size of the stock piping...you have a .avi yet? )