Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Got My Car Back

Old 02-13-2007, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

hahaha, you finally got it!!!! congrats.

I was in the same boat as you, but u were lucky enough to actually get the swap done.. for me, i got a new car.

Well the solara was my first car ever to be manual and man its soo great.

My words to u though, i say dont concentrate, just let everything be and it will go smoothly.

haha, whose talking about my city, The SAN FRANCISCO BAY!, the hills arnt that bad anymore, i finally got use

to it.

Once again, congrats, you going to love ur car like 100% more now. Now you will have a tone to the exhaust instead of the ever so steady pitch of the muffler. It is awesome what you did!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:06 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

QUOTE (Trancematic @ Feb 12 2007, 11:26 PM)
Congrats!

I know when I was a newbie with a stick, my folks taught me the ebrake trick for hills. Just hold up the ebrake as u figure out gas/clutch to get you going. Might help ya out till ya become pro with it.

Man, I never thought of any trick like that when I was learning. I was 14 years old, braking and clutching and revving and stalling and braking and clutching and learning by trial and error. Stalling out on hills was fun.
Doesn't take long to learn though. Even as a kid. laugh.gif
Old 02-13-2007, 09:32 AM

How much did this run you again?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:46 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

feels good doesn't it? when i got my 5spd tib it felt so amazing compared to the auto. ha.

i want pics!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

congrats on the completion.

do you have brake lights? 02.gif
Old 02-13-2007, 06:52 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

thanks rd1tib, i couldn't have explained the exhaust sound better. it's like a straight hum now and flows more freely than in the electronic-controlled automatic. i swear a difference in the sound and i would prove it too if i had a laptop to record it. it sounds soooo nice now!! maybe not agressive but just nicely toned and easy to the ear.

i understand why you got a new car, but i was scared remembering some of the photos you had taken. to be honest, the swap looks half as much trouble if you have a donor car and can just swap all of the parts over. luckily enough for me my parts have been sitting since 2001 and that's a 4/5 year difference from my car, so it's actually quite new. and i understand that you didn't have those kinds of sources however it would have been smart to buy another tiburon somewhere else and just drive it back like zoned did. i must say, V6 tiburon my [nice] ass after this.

this ran me $1500 labor and parts total. all parts were practically new. i really lucked out. and a great guy behind it.

majik, i have brake lights. did you figure yours out?

zoned--it feels amazing, especially with all of my mods already there. with the 5-speed elantra i used to drive the car was kind of basic, but since my car already had mods i'm just feeling this now. it really does feel quite nice especially on nice roads!! i'm so lucky!!! yeyeeee! i'm not those retarded people that will take it foregranted, or play rich guy who can afford services. i wouldn't be doing this shit if i was, and i'm european so it's in me.

he did an awesome job with it, everything is just like i dreamed and works great. i'll try and get some photos for you if i can...
Old 02-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Administrator

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Feb 13 2007, 07:52 PM)
majik, i have brake lights. did you figure yours out?

no 02.gif still have no brake lights. I've been sick every chance I've had to work on it. I have to change the alternator still 02.gif
$1500 really is not bad. The dealership was going to charge $2600 just to swap an automatic with an automatic.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:29 PM

^ wholy shit dude, that's so much money!!! yeah i really lucked out with this. they are some a55holes. the trans is brand new along with everything else.

i'll ask my guy how he got the brake lights to work. he did mention having to do some electrical work. sorry to hear you're sick again, buy a pack or two of gatorade and go through it in a day cool.gif works like drain-o haha!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Administrator

you got a voltage meter hooked up? Ask him if he rewired Pin 86 on the ECU... that was part of the DIY to make sure the battery isn't overcharged
Old 02-13-2007, 09:32 PM

what should the voltage meter read? where would the pin be rewired to? i will definitely ask about that, thanks man. i'll try and find out for ya soon as this ice storm goes away.