Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Intake, Exhaust (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/engine-intake-exhaust-11/)
-   -   Got My Car Back (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/engine-intake-exhaust-11/got-my-car-back-41182/)

HyundaiKitCoupe 02-12-2007 10:02 PM

Well, I didn't know I'd be picking up the car this morning! If you hadn't known before my Tiburon was an Automatic 2.0. I never liked automatics especially on a Hyundai but in the city it grew on me and I came to think of it as a relief. Especially uphills. My mechanic is the best nicest guy. I love him and he's dear, the only reason he did this for me was because him and his wife like me.

I arrived this morning to see a 2001 Tiburon wreck sitting next to my car, my mechanics hands greased and tired upon the handshake. This is the day he finally made my dream come true.

+ Transmission is from 2001 with 4,000 miles on it. It's brand new and so are the pedals.
+ Transmission is so tiny compared to the huge automatic! that means it's lightweight.
+less parts and sensors to worry about.
+ First gear shifts forward with no right movement. Nice how the most used gear is just straight.
+ 2001 shifter is good quality and looks fantastic!
+ Car feels like it's man and machine only, no power, no rpm drops, just you and car.
+ Speed and pull, much better, and gears are long which is very nice. Very nice gear ratios.
+ Attention, lots more people turning their heads.
+more economic.
+hamhead, my exhaust sounds 100x better. OMG it actually sounds damn nice! YAY, it's alive!

- Going uphill man, it's a battle. I have to practice that, especially on steep hills from standing still.
- Traffic. I used to be able to drive stick in traffic for a little, but damn I find myself not talking to my friends anymore because I'm just trying to concentrate. No more lazy driving.
- When other people will drive your car, like parents when they're trying to move it. They might mess something up or have a hard time moving my car.
- Driving is just a little more work so you don't feel like driving anymore haha. No more post office runs anymore.

I would have photos but I cannot because my windows computer is down comp.gif and I'm on mac so my old camera doesn't work with this computer. Imagine a 2001 shifter in first gen tiburon.

I'm really really happy. I thought I would be happier since everything worked out great, but honestly because I am who I am I must admit I'm more appreciative of my mechanic than I am the car. He's a great man who sacrificed a lot for me. He's helped my family whenever we need with anything and everything. I just want you guys to know that it's times like these cars no longer matter to me it's the people like this who make it happen for me.

I'll leave you with this: HKC is 5-Speed from now on bishes. satelite.gif

phorq 02-12-2007 10:10 PM

congrats! Let's hope that your mechanic isn't upset when he sees that you replaced that new shifter with a shorty! Welcome to the club!

OzFxCoupe 02-12-2007 10:16 PM

Good to hear it's finally done mate fing02.gif

Give it a couple of days & those "negatives" you listed about the manual transmission will be distant memories; driving stick will become second nature & you won't need to concentrate anymore than you did with the auto.

I'd like to hear sound clips if ever you get some too cool.gif

xxxmonoxidechild 02-12-2007 10:38 PM

see if you can snag other parts off that 01 wink1.gif

SwiftTiburon 02-12-2007 10:57 PM

Congrats!!! smile.gif

Glad all worked out for you; I def. knew it would!

Oh yeah, uphills are the worst in the beginning. I developed a way to make it easier, but I still get a little nervous sometimes. Its normal for beginners and such. Couldnt imagine living in San Fransisco though! lol

Cities suck too but as long as theres no hills its good for me haha

Once you keep driving it, youll get used to it, believe me. Youll end up loving it though Im sure you do already

tanc 02-12-2007 10:58 PM

Finally.....now start your rally racing through hills and mountains over there LOL

HyundaiKitCoupe 02-12-2007 11:14 PM

haha hell yeah, you can feel the turns now. all my books and stuff in the trunk were flying today.

yeah swift, i really have no idea why rd1 sold his tiburon. i can't imagine having any 5-speed up there... it just makes me laugh imagining even attempting to do it. it would just look funny.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>see if you can snag other parts off that 01</div>
i would for you guys, but there are absolutely none. the roof and glass frame is gone, all glass is gone, pumps belts cannisters gone, lights bumpers, wheels gone, engine and everything is completely gone. all it has is just the body and nothing more. it looks like an aluminum antenna on an old t.v. i patted its fender and gave it a quick sorrow that poor thing.

thanks, and really try not to be happy for me. i've realized i have really little emotion for the car itself but the man himself. the man i bought and serviced my car from is the warmest hearted rare breed of people you will ever meet in your entire life.

i'll get sound clips up sometime if i can find a way to record. anybody know a cheap easy good way besides a laptop? hmm, maybe i can borrow my friends macbook... i dunno open to suggestions.

Trancematic 02-12-2007 11:26 PM

Congrats!

I know when I was a newbie with a stick, my folks taught me the ebrake trick for hills. Just hold up the ebrake as u figure out gas/clutch to get you going. Might help ya out till ya become pro with it.

lilo shark 02-12-2007 11:33 PM

congrats, must of missed it?

HyundaiKitCoupe 02-12-2007 11:36 PM

^ when i know my car is with him, i'm a very patient guy. i can't believe i lasted this long, but i did. it's good to have it back and the way i dreamed it would be. despite that, i could have still waited knowing it was safe with him.

most of it was unsureness, the rest of it was excitement smile.gif