Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Going from Auto to Manual

Old 02-14-2005, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going from Auto to Manual

Does anyone how much this will cost for parts, labor, and what not? I'm thinking this would be a huge porcess, but I am really considering doing it. So I'd be appritant if you guys gave me some feedback. Thanks
Old 02-14-2005, 08:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Search here owns. This was covered.

Try This

Or This

I am sure there are more too, this was a 20 sec search my mang smile.gif
Old 02-14-2005, 08:22 PM

Wel I noticed in another thread it said jsut to make a nice auto trans, Does anyone know some parts that will go good with the auto trans? Also is it possible to Turbo it? If so once again how much we looking at?
Old 02-14-2005, 08:44 PM

i've done the tranny swap, and it's not all that hard. you just need time. i did it for just over 2 grand, but then i bought a bbtb as part of that and almost all new parts. you can do it for a grand. i wouldn't pay a shop for this. the type of shop i would trust with this would charge way too much. if you want something done right, do it yourself. buy a shop manual and get a buddy with air tools.

you can turbo an auto tranny. from what i've read, the best thing you can do for it is get a tranny cooler, as heat is the #1 cause of wear and failure. level10 will build the torque coverter and tranny to handle 350hp. i think that costs like 2 grand, but i could be wrong. both of these topics were covered extensively at the old hyundaiaftermarket.com. i'm sure hyundaiperformance has this covered a lot too.