Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Goddamn O2 Sensor Bungs...

Old 09-11-2006, 06:47 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

REDZMAN: PM me if you think this is a good idea. If you want to weld the bung, I have 110V power in my car. I can power a soldering iron and do the soldering for you at NOPI properly. I'll be bringing a 2 ton jack and 2 2 ton jackstands, tool kit, and upon your request, i'll bring a soldering iron and nescissary supplies to perform on-site electrical work. It's nothing to make a couple of joints and cover them up.

If not.....

DTN's ELECTRICAL WORK FOR RETARDS SCARED OF SHOCKING THEMSELVES! nana.gif

Chapter 1: wear rubber gloves.

Chapter 2: don't burn yourself retard

Chapter 3: yank on each connection

Chapter 4: Cover connections

hehee.. Seriously though, i could give you an in-depth class on how to solder safely, we've got 2 days and 2 nights at NOPI and i can only play so much XBOX.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
Viper offered also, the only problem is I'm not going to have room to bring the headers I think. There's me, the wife, my son, and the dog, our clothes and such, all in the Tib.

I may be able to get it done before then.

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Sep 10 2006, 10:47 PM)
second cat but the only problem would be for $600 you wouldn't really notice gains from the headers until you would have upgraded the cat and opened up the exhaust a little.

I KNOW that. I'm not worried about gains at this second, it's about having the parts in for the CAR SHOW.

My exhaust was supposed to be here last week, but I haven't even seen Chris online.

Convienent eh?

QUOTE (hamhead @ Sep 11 2006, 05:54 AM)
Just wait until you get your new aftermarket exhaust in, paying someone to put a bung in the stock exhaust after the second (now your first cat) would be silly if your going to end up replacing it very soon.

I know. I said this in my first post. Option 3.

I'd rather waste the 30 bucks now and get it done, to have the part in, then not get it done at all.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:18 PM
DTN

well, alright, but I was saying just install it and run with a CEL until you get there or twist the wires together or something.

We can take care of it on site.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

leaving thurs? well I think my headers should arrive at your place wed. if they do you could probably install them wed. night, they are a little on the ugly side now though. After being used for a couple years.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:53 PM
DTN

that's one helluva drive REDZ... U sure 2 days is enough? I broke down in south dakota from montana to south carolina. All in all the trip took 2 days pretty much straight driving, but the timing belt cost me 3 days time.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:34 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I will you get a CEL if you don't solder and use female and male connectors? LOL. I don't see how unless you do not know how to put some male/female connectors on wires and leave them half expose.

Mine have been like that for 2 years, no problems.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:36 PM

QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Sep 11 2006, 02:53 PM)
that's one helluva drive REDZ... U sure 2 days is enough? I broke down in south dakota from montana to south carolina. All in all the trip took 2 days pretty much straight driving, but the timing belt cost me 3 days time.

More than enough time. We drove from ABQ to Charleston SC when we got back from Korea, straight through. Took 26 hours.

The drive to Atlanta is Mapquested at 21 hours, so it's probably actually about 19. 2 drivers. We may stop for the night too.

QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Sep 11 2006, 02:18 PM)
well, alright, but I was saying just install it and run with a CEL until you get there or twist the wires together or something.

I know what you were saying. Others said it. The problem is, I JUST did another MAJOR install. I need to be able to see if I get a CEL enroute. BESIDES THE CONSTANT CEL FROM THE HEADER/o2 SENSOR DEAL.

For example. I got a CEL today. I wouldn't have known I had a second one if the first was there.

QUOTE (Supercow @ Sep 11 2006, 02:33 PM)
leaving thurs? well I think my headers should arrive at your place wed. if they do you could probably install them wed. night, they are a little on the ugly side now though. After being used for a couple years.

Bro, why would I install those on MY car? I've got the 700 dollar Maintec GT headers.

QUOTE (tanc @ Sep 11 2006, 03:34 PM)
I will you get a CEL if you don't solder and use female and male connectors? LOL. I don't see how unless you do not know how to put some male/female connectors on wires and leave them half expose.

Mine have been like that for 2 years, no problems.

I will i?

LOL Do you mean Why will I? I didn't say I would, but I could. Others have posted many times about how they got CEL's from extending sensor wires for that.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:44 PM

They probably didnt get the right guage, or the right wire. Connections were probably shit.

Also, yes you can get a CEL but do you have a CEL reader? If not, go buy a cheap one just to read the code. It will read all the codes you get. No matter if you get 1, 5 or 10 going there. Than you can eliminate the obvious no 2nd 02 sensor code and fight out anyproblems you do have besides that.

Return it after if you don't want it, or find someone that has one and is going to nopi.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:50 PM

I've got 2 CEL readers.

You should know that from the threads mang!

Unfortunately, I will be on the road, and trying to get readings while driving, no thanks.

I'm going to try to get a bung welded tomorrow or Wednesday, and get ABQElantra to come do the wires for me.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:14 PM

Dude, lol your making this seem more difficult than it has to be.

If you get a CEL, pull to the side, read the code than be on your way lol.