Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Gen 1 & Gen 2 Heads

Old 03-24-2003, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 accent
Default Gen 1 & Gen 2 Heads

Hey guys I have heard that the gen 2 coupes have a better head design than the Gen 1s (better valve to port angle) can anyone confirm this and give me the details??????????

Thanks
Old 03-24-2003, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

from looking at both heads, and from ripping both apart there is no discernable differnce other than HLA vs MLA and the extra oil galleys that the HLA's require.

Since the 2 heads can use the same timing belt, cams(beta2 to beta1 only) and cam drive chain, I don't see how there can be a significant change to the valve angle. Combustion chambers look basically the same as well.

I can email you photos of both heads ripped apart for you to compare, but each set of photos per head is about 5 meg.

Unless you folks down under get different heads that we do. It is possible knowing Hyundai.

[ March 25, 2003, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 03-24-2003, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 accent

Thanks Random they are probably the same then. I read it somewhere that they are different (one of the aussie mags I think) but I did doubt it. Good news I suppose because I dont have to hunt for one now.

Thanks Mate.