Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Full Tune-up And Parts?

Old 02-10-2006, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well ill just post the answer to your pm here so everyone can see

i get stock heat ngk vpower plugs for $6 for the set of 4 thats with tax
i can also get one step colder for the same price so the nitrous guys can use them

pregapped and ready to go

shipping is like $5 bux or so and i can ship multiple sets in the same box as to save on shipping a bit(i can actualy put like 4 sets in one box and ship them for the same price)

let me know
Old 02-10-2006, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

most everyone knows how to change spark plug wires and spark plugs..

BUt if you feel you can clearly explain the timing belt/water pump/tensioner pulley process and accessory belts replacement process... go for it. Lots of people ask on that stuff... I'm waiting for my timing belt kit from kspec.com and I was going to do one myself...
Old 02-10-2006, 01:30 PM

^^^ Well, I'm sure you know what you're doing more so than me and you'll probably get your set first. You do the DIY and I'll still take pictures and what not. Or we can pass notes back and forth. You know? Be thorough.

QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Feb 10 2006, 12:25 PM)
well ill just post the answer to your pm here so everyone can see

i get stock heat ngk vpower plugs for $6 for the set of 4 thats with tax
i can also get one step colder for the same price so the nitrous guys can use them

pregapped and ready to go

shipping is like $5 bux or so and i can ship multiple sets in the same box as to save on shipping a bit(i can actualy put like 4 sets in one box and ship them for the same price)

let me know

^^^
Awesome!!! Ok, I'll pm you later about purchase and what not. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:40 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

I would get some "top engine cleaner" from your local GM parts store. Now, the way this works is you suck it into your IM via a vacuum hose - like your pcv valve inlet. Just remove the hose from the IM and put a longer (smaller diameter) hose on it. All you do is idle your car and slowly suck in some of this cleaner until the can is empty. Then you let your car sit for a few hours (shut off), and then go drive it to clean all of the carbon out of your head and off of the top of your pistons. If you do use this, be prepared for a lot of white smoke (the carbon being burned up and sent out your exhaust). I use this about every 10,000 miles and it does not harm the engine (althoug the check engine light flashes and you will get some misfire codes for the time period that you were running it through the engine - you can just erase those by removing the negative battery cable for a few minutes). Resetting your ECU is probably not a bad idea after you do all of this stuff anyway.

Make sure you change your oil after you run this cleaner through your engine (if you do it). This tends to thin the oil some, so a soon after oil change is a good idea.

Anyway, the first time I did this I noticed the engine ran smoother at WOT, and MAYBE there was a little power increase. But hell, this stuff is only like 5 bucks, so it is worth it IMHO.

Good luck with the tune up man. I would really consider doing this as it does work. cool.gif
Old 02-17-2006, 04:52 PM

^^^ Sounds good. I'll do that when I do my next oil change. Next month sometime. As for the ECU Reset... How do you do that?
Old 02-16-2007, 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

ECU reset is easy. All you have to do is remove the negitive battery cable. Go and turn the key to start the car to drain any power thats left in the system. Repeat turn key. You can then attach the battery cable again. This does 2 things, it will clear any check engine lights and it will tell your car to learn how you drive again. Once you do the reset if you want the car to be good on gas drive it like a granny for a tank of gas. If you want to have some spunk drive it hard. I know there is a DIY for the timing belt on here. Poor guy had to do it in the middle of the desert AFTER walking home to get the other car.