Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Finally installing clutch

Old 10-16-2004, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Going to Capital Raceway Tonight (1/4 time will be up 9/

So, I finally got my spec stage 1 clutch in and started to install it this morning. I have never undergone anything this complex before, and after about 10 hours I finally got the tranny off. I found out that the throwout bearing was completely destroyed and the disc was pretty shot too, pics to come soon..
Old 10-17-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Wheel hub bearings questions

Well, I finally got my new clutch in today. I took it out for a test drive, everything seems fine, but when I shift into 3rd gear it grinds a bit first then catches, none of the other gears do this. I put in 2 quarts of redline mt-90 fluid and about half a quart of lucas. I just find it weird that it's only happening in 3rd. Could it also be that the shifter cables need adjusting??

Also, when I tried starting the car I found out that the alternator bearing had seized, so no I need to rebuild my old one and get that on, ugggg
Old 10-17-2004, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Potential tuning ECU swap for RD cars from REAL

hey i did a clutch install today too.. did it suck as much for you as it did for me smile.gif
Old 10-18-2004, 06:53 AM

Default Re: *PICS* RD2, GK, LC2 and My RD1 (56k)

Well it actually took me two days, and yes, it sucked, it sucked alot. Holding that damn tranny up to the engine while my friend was aligning it and then puting the bolts in was the worst. But it did save me $300 and I can take apart the front end of my car with much more ease now. Anyone have any ideas on the 3rd gear grinding issues??