Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhaust Suggestions

Old 05-06-2001, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Suggestions

Could some one post a few url's with exhausts for 2k shark? I need a $$$ amount to calculate <for wife> all charges involved for the exhaust mod. I want a deep/+HP exhaust...maybe with a huge tips on it...My knowledge of exhausts are nill --> to none. Also, if this is something that I can do..please advise....Anything to save on fews...for greater performance parts....Would there be welding involved in a new exhaust? Or can i just go buy on @# a local performance shop and "clamop" it my self? A new exhaust will create a rumble @ a low rpm correct? Like @ 2k or so?? I would like a rumble off the line if possible...Pictures email'd are always welcome to my address. )

On a different note:

What are some costs involved in springs? And if i get springs, can i still get a kit? Can springs be done by myself also?

I want to "try" to do all mods my-self if poss. <to save money>

Please advise with any ideas/suggestion...

THANKS

OFF TOPIC:

Any peeps in SW Florida, email me with information <car type/location/pictures>
********************************************* eek.gif

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 05-07-2001, 08:07 AM

No suggestions huh? eek.gif
Old 05-08-2001, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I will cover this exhaust topic later today. Please post the spring topic in the handling forum.
Old 05-09-2001, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Whaps...sorry, I should have put this up earlier.

Are you looking for a full exhaust? or just a cat back system? or just a muffler?
Old 05-10-2001, 06:58 AM

Not really sure. I have a stock exhaust/muffler now. I want to add the nice deep purrrrrrrrrr to it <off the line> this will/should sound good with my CAI.

I'm thinking I only need a muffler from the CAT back. Please advise. All im looking for in this mod is maybe <if any> a HP increase and deep-deep purrrrrr <rumble>
Old 05-10-2001, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

For a deep puur, all the time or only when you gas it.

I've had the HSK Dragger muffer on for quite a while. It is not a "cat back" it is only from the rear axle back.

It had a nice sound at high rpm, but at idle you couldn't hear it.

Some of the other people here have Reccomend the Dragun Fire exhaust, but I have not personally seen/heard that setup.

Same for the new KORE cat back system. I've heard good things about it, but I have not seen/heard it in person. If you are near BAT in Flordia, he has the KORE system, if you listed to his you may like it.
Old 05-10-2001, 10:23 PM

I would like it when i hit the gas from 1k rpm and on....and can i do this mod my self if i can get my car lifted up in the air a bit <floor jacks> ? Do you have any suggestive url's for me...And i've seen "carbon" type exhausts also, is there any inprovement with one of those over a "normal" high-performance exhaust? A few prices would be kewl also. Thanks Random!
Old 05-11-2001, 01:16 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

sup man, well this weekend, I will be dynoing if everything goes well, and if I can't dyno I will at least install it again, just to get a sound and video for you guys to listen and watch...

I love the sound of it, it's not a bumblebee and it's not a pissed of lion... lol, it's just perfect, at idle and at high rpms...

here's a pic of it, I'm sorry, I didn't have time to get a better pic, I'll try tonight, I have the all Stainless Steel cat-back, he does offer a cheaper Aluminized version with SS muffler:

also check out, Shark Racings also, I know one person has it out in Korea, look for him in FXtreme, maybe random remembers him...

[ May 11, 2001: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 05-13-2001, 09:49 AM

Whats the price on that setup Bat? And should it be dohne @ a muffler shop? I really dont have a floor lift so...But I could buy some car ramp's if need be...Would it be a "hard" job to do my self? Any welding involved? Or just bolts? And would I need to get all of those pieces? Or can I just get the cat and back? Or just from axle and back? Prices please...thnaks...so it sound nice? @ a low rpm also? sad.gif CAI only @ 4200-4500 <to start> I want from 1k and on...Is that two tone silver tint still avaliable for 70.00 Would you do it your self or take it to a "tint" shop? Not really certain how good it would look on my Jazz Orange Shark...any ideas?

smile.gif wink.gif tongue.gif
Old 05-13-2001, 03:15 PM

Bat Lord or random, is it possible to swap mufflers with exhaust set ups such as Kore's or HVE with out hackin the sh*t out of it??? basicaly, does the mufflers bolt on to the back part of the exhuast or is it one piece. I was thinking of getting the Tanabe Racing Medalion. is it possible to get just this muffler or is it sold only as an exhaust system, form what ive seen so far it is only available as a system. and has any1 heard it??? have a nice sound to it??? thanks