Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhaust Suggestions

Old 05-13-2001, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The muffler MAY hook up. Looking at the kore setup, it looks like the muffler that I had, which was a HKS Dragger would bolt up to it. It appears as though the KORE setup is just like the stock setup, so any muffer that would fit a stock tibby, should fit the KORE system.

Bat Lord or KORE, can you comment?
Old 05-14-2001, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

allright guys, I'm so sorry sad.gif I haven't gotten back to you guys, I really wasn't looking at this thread... Random, I hope you understand, i'm not going against TEAM SR's warning, I'm just answering questions asked on specific KORE stuff in this thread...

Well I'll try my best to answer any questions, to go 1 by 1:

PRICES (please let me verify on these they are a little old, I will check it out)
*** 1997 -1999 Tiburon Exhaust Sport System/ Aluminized 97-99 Tiburon OVAL RACE CANISTER 4" Tip $399.00 ? waiting on final $ but see it came down
*** 2000-2001 Tiburon Exhaust Sport System/ Aluminized 2000- Tiburon OVAL MUFFLER 4" Round Angle Cut Tip $419.00 see it came down also in ?

Also, it has been dynoed like I promised, keep in mind these are gains in an automatic, I believe the HP & TQ numbers should be a little higher for a 5speed

*** DYNO NUMBER, CLICK HERE

*** this is a job that can be done by 2 people, no welding is required everything is included, I did decide to weld the middle piece after install just because I know I'll never take it apart again... that's up to you... and yes any shop can do it, the one I did it with charged me $50.00...

*** sorry you cannot swap mufflers, reason is cause the rear-piece is welded together, not bolted on... you would have to cut the muffler and have yours welded if you want to do that...

*** KORE exhaust is way different from the stock setup, first off it's better piping, I have a pic of the old muffler if you want to compare, I'll post it, and the KORE is a 2.25" mandrel bent tubing...

here's your pic:

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 05-14-2001, 11:47 AM

so like (I forget who posted asked earlier), do you have to hack apart your stock setup to add a muffler?? or to add a full catback? I too would like to do this myself....but I'm never too proud to pay someone else wink.gif
Old 05-14-2001, 02:18 PM

HAYAME!!!!!!!
I CANT RECCOMMEND A HAYAME MUFFLER ENOUGH, THEY ARE SWEEEEEEEETTTTT. I HAVE A WEAPON R MUFFLER ON MIN 99 TIB AND INSTEAD OF FORKING OVER THE EXTRA DOUGH FOR A CATBACK "DESIGNED" FOR MY CAR I GOT A MUFFLER SHOP TO MANDREL BEND AND INSTALL A CATBACK AND MY WEAPON R FOR 100 BUCKS...190 FOR THE MUFFLER, 100 FOR THE CATBACK, NOT BAD
Old 05-14-2001, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Max_Kool
Look at the photo above. There are 2 exisiting joints to add a muffler in. On just in front of the rear Axle, the other just behind the cat.

PhaTNugZ
Please DON'T type in all caps!