Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhaust Sizing Question

Old 05-03-2006, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000

the size depends on what you want to do with the car. i feel 2 inch is a little small. i woulndt suggest going any smaller than 2.25 sure you may lose alittle torgue with bigger piping but its not that big of a deal. just mod. more to getback lost torque. cool.gif
Old 05-03-2006, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Up until a few years ago there were tuning shops around here that were even boosting Lantras & Coupes with decent results on 2" systems so I'm sure you'll be right with your 2" setup, especially if you stay naturally aspirated.

Mine is a 2.25" mandrel-bent affair & performs well enough for what I want but I have never really had a stock setup to properly compare torque differences with. Other 2.0L Coupes & Lantras I've driven have all been mildly modified too.

If you want to go bigger, some guys on here have gone with 2.5" press-bent exhausts & they reckon they're probably as big as you'd want to go. I think that if you plan to get extractors & a hi-flow cat, a 2.5" exhaust will definitely give you more top-end power but your car will be a pig to drive in daily traffic.