Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhaust manifold retorque required?

Old 11-29-2003, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Ok, a few months ago I brought my 99 into the dealership to get a CEL checked out. While doing there inspection they noticed that my exhaust manifold was cracked, so it was replaced under warranty. Now, all of a sudden it sounds like I have an exhaust leak. Is there a retorque required for the exhaust manifold after it is replaced? If so, what should it be torqued at?
Old 11-30-2003, 06:29 AM

Default SS complete stainless sytem installed

Did they replace the gasket also? I had that problem twice before I cracked my exhaust manifold. I just replaced the manifold with an OBX header when mine cracked though since mine was out of warranty.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:54 PM

Do you hear it all the time or just when the engine is cold? If you happen to have the torque specs and a good torque wrench.. I probably can't hurt to check of they are at the right amount of tightness.
Old 11-30-2003, 01:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

check www.hmaservice.com/webtech.

go to the shop tab, enter the cars info, then search in specifications under the general subcategoiry, which is under engine mechanical system.