Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhaust Buzzing

Old 04-13-2006, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got new mufflers and piping put on my car , so it cannot be that, its been buzzing for a couple weeks now and since it only got quieter with the new mufflers i assume i have a cracked header???

it an ebay ssautochrome header, what do you think my problem is and can anyone hook me up with a new/used header (preferably a brand name one)

and by the way if you just have straight pipes hooked up to a pair of moroso spiral muffler it almost sounds like you are f/i at idle because it has the whooshing sound, ill have some vids/audio up this weekend after i try and do my suspension install.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:42 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

I'll bet you have the common header buzz associated with cheaper headers like the ssautochrome (no offense intended). They use thinner steel which resonates the buzzing sound or something like that.

I just put on a 28" thrush glasspack from summitracing.com and it made all the difference.

No more buzz and it quieted the passenger compartment too!

I would suggest getting a glasspack unless you can hear the exhaust leak from the header. wink1.gif
Old 04-13-2006, 04:02 PM

i would just put on a glasspack but my exhaust sounds just how i want it now and its nothing like a glasspack, im going to post up the sound this weekend, but yea i figured that was the problem...thats what i get for being cheap.

thats the other thing it only makes the sound when the car is in motion, probably from the exhaust resonance from the engine trying harder?
Old 04-13-2006, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Yep, I added headers same thing.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:29 PM

Sounds to me like you need a bigger resonator.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:35 PM

well, i thin i'd rather just get a new header if thats the consensus becuase it have to be replaced soon anyway if it is cracked.