Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Evaporation Cannister- Rev A

Old 09-18-2005, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

I had mine off for like almost a year now. No Cel and No weird Signs of problem. Im just not sure if i will pass smog.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:05 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

^^ what did you do with the left over hoses?
Old 09-18-2005, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah, i would like to know what happens when you take out the cannister, if it will pass emissions.

i've got a cel so i'm going to check my codes. i think it's that damned sensor again. aaaaahh... i'm soooo fed up with this orange light. mad.gif
Old 09-28-2005, 10:55 PM

Have anyone done a smog check without the evap canister? im about to do one tomorrow, and wondering if i need to put it back in or can i just smog it...
Old 09-29-2005, 05:17 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

I removed it following your directions to the T and still have a CEL for a small leak. Does the little purge hose coming off of the purge valve hook up to something, because mine is just like a 2 foot hose that goes to nowhere. It used to go into the frame of the car, like in your pic, but since it didn't connect to anything, I just took it out and am running the purge valve open on that one side, no hose connected to it. Anyway, removing that hose couldn't have caused my CEL because I had the CEL before I removed it. Anyway, could it be that my connections are not tight enough. I just used the stock squeeze clamps to secure the hoses. I do have the screw type hose clamps though. I suppose if I swap them for the stock squeeze clams my CEL might go away? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. cool.gif
Old 09-29-2005, 05:27 PM

well, i did my smog test with the canister reloacted in the engine bay and passed. I guess we will never know if it would pass with out the canister or not.

This is what i did today, relocation price= 10 bucks maybe a diy real soon...
Old 09-29-2005, 05:31 PM

I did something like that to begin with, but I decided to take it out alltogether. I had a cel at first for the same small leak BS when I had the canister relocated, but I just tightened up the hose clamps and it went away. I suppose the solution to my problem is to just swap the stock clamps out for hose clamps and tighten them down, just like I did when I had my canister under the hood. Sounds reasonable to me.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:39 PM

yea maybe, but would clamps really cause that problem. Cause before when i removed the whole canister, i used stock clamps and didnt have a cel for over a year. It could be something else, but get the screw clamps anyways because they are safer.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:22 PM

I put hose clamps on all of the connections (exept those that were very tight already). But I don't think that is what was causing my problem. I took out the solenoid and activated it with the battery. When I blew into one of the port holes, I could feel a small leak coming from the metal ring that seals the two halves of the solenoid together. So I just coated the joint area with RTV. I will let you know if my CEL goes away since I did this. Thanks for the help. smile.gif
Old 09-30-2005, 09:10 PM

well, my luck changed today. My CEL just came on, how great.. not. oh wells i think i have to get new clamps since i didnt get a chance to buy them yesterday.bad luck...