Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

engines....

Old 05-30-2004, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

i was just wondering if you could expain the parts u can upgrade to increase hp, etc. on a non turbo. im new to engines, but catch onto things rather quick. thx guys
Old 05-30-2004, 06:14 PM

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=PN...5f0ebf7ed725757 Theres even already been a post about this today 02.gif Just read the recent posts
Old 05-30-2004, 06:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

i didnt see it and i searched b4 i posted....so if its there plz link it up smile.gif
Old 05-30-2004, 06:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i recommend searching through www.howstuffworks.com in the auto section...actually,

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine.htm

there are many things you can do to increase hp without chemically(nitrous) or mechanically(turbo and super) inducing it. the main thing you need to know is that all an engine does, is suck in air mixed with fuel, compress it, ignite the mixture(spark plugs), and then pushes it out. other wise known as SSBB....suck, squash, bang, blow. colder air is more dense, and therefore has more oxygen gas molecules for you to burn. the hotter you keep the exhaust system, the faster the air travels out. you read that article, and all the links throughout it, and you will have a firm understanding of how car engines work.

1. lightened parts
-----lightened parts means that parasitic losses will not be as much, as it takes less power to move something lighter.

2. better "breathing and farting"
-----the stock intake system and exhaust system are restrictive. this is to help with noise levels. this hurts hp though. getting more air in and out faster, will allow for more fuel to be burned(cause fuel needs oxygen gas...o2 to ignite) at a faster pace.

3. better electronics
-----upgrading the electrical system means more spark and more power.

4. high perf. camshafts.
-----camshafts with high overlap in lower rpms will cause you to idle rough, but will help the valves open and close at better times in the upper rpm range, gaining you more power.

5. high compression pistons.
-----you compress the air/fuel more, you will get a much bigger explosion.

there's much more, but that should help get you started.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Refine the way you search man, you'd be suprised what you find.

Also, lots of Internet Speak like UR FIN or BTW, plz and b4 won't get you many answers. I usually just skip these posts as if someone really wants info, they will...

a. Type to where I can understand it.

b. Search.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:48 AM

you could always put the 2.7L V6 from the new tibs into ours... with a 6spd gearbox.... that could be cool...
Old 05-31-2004, 11:54 AM

Cool, maybe. Useful, no. Practical, not at all. That was barely more helpful than telling him to put a 350 in it.

The 2.7 would not be an ideal swap for many reasons we will not get into in this post.

This question has been answered before, but here it goes...

Intake (AEM, INJEN, AOS, many others)
Header (Plenty of manufacturers, check ebay)
Exhaust (OBX, SSAuto, MBRP, custom from a shop)
Big Bore Throttle body/bored intake manifold (Kspec)
Intake cam from a 1.8/Elantra gt
Some type of electronic fuel control (SAFC, SMT, Greddy E-manage)
Plug wires/plugs

These would probably be the basic stuff to start with. For a little more

New ignition (MSD DIS-2)
Higher lift cams
High compression pistons
Port and polished head
polyurethane mounts and bushings
high flow fuel pump and a new fuel pressure regulator

Just search around here, www.hyundaiaftermarket.com, www.hyundaiperformance.com . These places should give you plenty of help for the basics. Furthermore, for the money you will spend on this, just get a NX wet kit. You will probably get more hp and spend less money.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (TibOne)
you could always put the 2.7L V6 from the new tibs into ours... with a 6spd gearbox.... that could be cool...

Neither would fit. It would also make the car so heavy a stock I4 would beat it easy. Not to mention you can't boost the V6 very well, word is you can get it to about 250 HP now, but who knows how long it'll hold. Also, what's everyone's facination with the 6 speed? It sucks. Great, now you have an extra shift, one you'll only use when cruising on the Freeway.

You could get that setup in one of our tibs, it'd cost about 12,000 dollars, and ruin your car.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:42 PM

Sorry Drafter... I get lost in this Part... Where do I can get the MBRP???
Old 05-31-2004, 07:35 PM

Six speeds are nice when you can gear the diff low... it is unfortunate though that car manufactorers seem insistant on putting them in the bigger engined cars instead of the smaller ones where the extra gearing would actually make sense