Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Engine Overheating

Old 06-19-2007, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted not too long ago on something that I ran into, but no one replied, so I'm trying again.
My A/C will not work sometimes when its super hot. I got home and my antifreeze was dumping out of the reserve bay onto my serpentine and boiling. It left a small size puddle on the floor. My engine felt super hot. It was a hot day though. I thought maybe the engine got too hot and it purged some antifreeze. Today it didn't do that. Today it was raining and fairly cool. I turned on my defrost to clear the windows and I noticed again that the a/c wasn't working. Well my temp gauge was almost to the red zone. Pulled over and let it cool off. I only had a mile to go so i drove the car to the house. When i would get to a stop the gauge would go down slightly, and when i drove again it would go back up. Also my fans have sounded like they have been staying on about ten seconds longer when I shut the car off. could this be a radiator, water pump, fan related, thermostat, etc?

to sum it up...

engine overheating
fans stay on about ten seconds after i shut car off
my A/C sometimes doesn't work
antifreeze dumped out from reserve tank

this is my daily driver and i drive an hour to work and back. I obviously don't want the engine to overheat...
Old 06-19-2007, 01:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

First things first. Put more antifreeze in it. Second, check to make sure both fans come on when they are supposed to. Then, try changing the thermostat. It's cheap and easy. It's kind of an elimination process.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Please just bump up your old thread and add new info to it, no need for multiple threads.