Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch & Or Flywheel Issues!

Old 06-19-2007, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys here's my story
i was staying on red light, as soon as it turned green i pulled , everything ok , switched to 2nd , everything ok , then i'm trying to change gear to 3rd, i can't ... clutch pedal stuck so i just can't push it .. so i found out that it was master cylinder. replaced it ,
everything was ok for like 2-3 days.
Then trans started making wierd noise only when in gear , like something robbing inside really hard .
1st speed i can't hear it , 2nd a little bit , 3rd more , 4th a little bit and etc.
everytime when i'm droping gas pedal, it feels like i'm hitting wall like 2-3 times than this sound appears(i can hear that sound when gas is pressed but not that hard when not)
i though it's throwout bearing i took trans out bearing looked good but i changed it still.
Then i put everything together STILL SAME, i just changed clutch, and when i was installing new clutch, i was too lazy to go and resurface flywheel (machine shop told me that they will give me flywheel next day) YEAA right i'm gonna sleepover my shop .
So i recognised something was wrong with my flywheel but, one of my friends told me that's it's not a biggie (which is prolly not true)
here i did a GOOD picture of how it looked

you can see that surface where clutch pucks connecting flywheel is eaten .
So my thoughts is figure how six pucks looks like

at the end of each puck is little piece of material that are not designed to be connected with flywheel, and that what's making my car hitting the wall and all that sound??????
plus when my car was on the lift, and i was driving it with open hood , i recognized that when i hear this sound my motor is going up and down, like i have all 4 mounts shot lol (they are new)
so guys HELP i'm going to tear the trans AGAIN this weekend and i want to get it done OR i'll go NUTS :@
thanks for any inputs..

i'm going to try to record everything on the video 2morrow on the lift if this will help