Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Engine Bay Fans?

Old 08-07-2007, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took out the smaller of the two fans, one directly in front of the headers, and now I can't tell if it is working or not. The other fan runs, so are they supposed to come on at the same time or are they on individual temperature circuits? Thanks for the help..

Nate
Old 08-07-2007, 04:23 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

One fan comes on when the water in the radiator needs to be cooled, the other fan comes on when the A/C is on. You can test one fan by turning on the A/C. You can test the other by watching it after the car has warmed up.

This was asked in the shoutbox last night. I think it was dddude or something who is having the same problem.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:34 AM

If you have fiddled with the wires just make sure your fan sucks air in from the front of the car. It has to turn in the right direction. I think the smaller one is for your air con so just switch on your A/C and see if the fan comes on. Otherwise drive the car warm and let it idle for a few minites when you stop and see if your fan come on. Just make sure you watc your heat gauge - just incase...
Old 08-07-2007, 04:05 PM

after checking into this more... i figured out it is a sensor...engine coolant temperature sensor.

an easy way to check the sensor is to unplug it while the engine is running and the fan should turn on..