Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

ECT Button???

Old 02-07-2005, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECT Button???

ok look...Ive got a 97 Tiburon FX..and Id love to know what that little ECT button does..I have absolutely no idea...my car is automatic and the button is to the right of the shifter...BTW..I just recently figured out how useful Overdrive is on the highway...while in overdrive I had no problem reaching 110..but when I didnt have it in overdrive I got up to around 85 and it was high-reving....just figured Id share....but let me know about that little ECT button please...thanks
Old 02-07-2005, 03:09 PM

Unless you're climbinh a hill or decending from one and want engine brake force, you should always drive with your Overdrive option activated; though it's not another speed, it kinda works like one; if you don't use it it's like driving your manual Tib with four speeds only.
As for the button, it's there so you can select what kind of programming you want in your auto shifter; the normal mode is how you "should" drive all the time, if you want the gearbox to stick into each speed until high rpms, then you can select the ect mode.
Of course, if you ALWAYS floor your throttle, you won't feel a thing, because then the gearbox automatically "enters ect mode" as it reads the pedal is at WOT.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:22 PM

i wish the 2000and up tibs had the ect button....
Old 02-08-2005, 06:53 AM

QUOTE (Kit-Fox)
i wish the 2000and up tibs had the ect button....

I thought the 2000 came with it?
Old 02-08-2005, 07:00 AM

QUOTE (Zman)
Unless you're climbinh a hill or decending from one and want engine brake force, you should always drive with your Overdrive option activated; though it's not another speed, it kinda works like one; if you don't use it it's like driving your manual Tib with four speeds only.
...Of course, if you ALWAYS floor your throttle, you won't feel a thing, because then the gearbox automatically "enters ect mode" as it reads the pedal is at WOT.

EC Customs, I got your e-mail, you might have done something to get banned... didn't you receive a warning or something?
Well, yes the car will feel better with the Overdrive button on "OFF" position, but it will eat more gas, it depends absolutely on how you like to drive. Just as you said on your e-mail, don't forget to activate it if your on a highway or in a long drive at steady speed.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

WTF?

He's not banned.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:09 PM

He sent me an e-mail telling me his IP was banned for some reason.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:45 PM

there was an issue.. I was getting the same message.. Java fixed it. One of the banned people here was spoofing IPs and causing trouble for the rest of us.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

well since nobody has actually answered the guy's question about the ECT button I will..

it allows you to get more out of your gears, it will push each gear TO or a LITTLE past redline, mostly noticable in overdrive/getting into overdrive
keep it off unless your racing, it will eat your fuel economy, same goes for OD.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:46 PM

wait..the engine can blow if it goes too far into the red right?? btw...if you are all wondering about my email address lol...its not mine..its my gf's...